How do you use your multiple IEMs
Feb 18, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #16 of 19
I tend to rotate between a few different IEMs and headphones, depending on my mood.

Some days I favor my Triple.Fis, some days I want the full, lush midrange of my RE-262s. Some days I listen to my RE0s, which got me into this whole high end audio thing in the first place. Some days I want the beautiful acoustic presentation of the Thinksound TS02s and some days I like the thunderous bass offered by the NE-700x. All depends on my mood.

Right now, I'm listening to my Triple.Fis but I'll probably end up switching later today.
tongue.gif
Haha, I just realized that our gear inventory is very similar. :D

I pretty much do the same thing you do, but I generally favor the TF10 more over the RE262 because of their efficiency, but I do agree that TF10 > RE262 > RE0 makes a great rotation combo. I would suggest adding brainwavz M2 into the mix for an efficient and fun model. I truly enjoy the synergy of those four IEMs in the rotation mix.

Feb 18, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #17 of 19
When I had a bunch of iem I would just listen to one for weeks at a time and switch whenever I felt like it.

Feb 18, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #18 of 19
This is a fun thread! :xf_eek:

For me there's a strict division of labor that my IEMs fit in to:
1. Westone 3 (and Headstage Arrow) connected to iPod 160GB for general use, at home and for travel.
2. Monster Turbines connected to iPod Nano for the gym (light in weight and strong in bass, even unamped).
3. Etymotic ER6i connected to iPod Nano for mowing the lawn (unparalleled isolation keeps lawnmower engine noise out, but thin bass requires the Arrow amp).

Feb 18, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #19 of 19
Lets see, I switch depending on the type of music I am listening to.  Aurvana 2's for acoustic, rock, prog, main stream type stuff.  My lean and detailed IEM's for classical.  UE 700's for jazz and vocal. KSC75 or other buds for when I need to hear the kids or the wife.  I rotate depending on mood and what I read about on Head-fi.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back