How do you think sony ex70sl?
Feb 5, 2002 at 11:59 PM Post #2 of 8
heard they were ok, listened to them, incredibly bright and friend says they have very strong bass. I use the ER6s so maybe I noticed it more than others, but I think they are one unbalanced and shrill earplug.

Feb 6, 2002 at 1:14 AM Post #3 of 8
yes, they are unbalanced, but there are things you can do to fix that. I did two modifications to my pair to reduce the bass and treble and they sound great. but it recently developed a cord problem and now one channel is quieter than the other. Either I fix that or I get a new pair; either way I'm very annoyed.

Feb 8, 2002 at 11:19 AM Post #5 of 8
Mine are white. (edit: NOOO! My brother's are white, mine are black!
eek.gif
)

I'd rather not mod them physically... now that Don Wilson has compared the EX70 directly against the ER6 *and* plotted its response relative to their idea of the ideal ear FR it would be much better to just EQ them--no way the tape mod and the foam mod can make them more accurate than EQ'ing them using the graph as reference. My ears can testify
biggrin.gif
My Senn HD580s are hanging on my 'Blockhead' and collecting dust
biggrin.gif
(There are other reasons for this of course)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 8, 2002 at 4:41 PM Post #6 of 8
I'm going to do someone a favor. Since I bought Etymotics I don't need my Sonys. First PM to me gets them free, I'll stick them in an envelope and mail them out Monday. I'll try to find all the earpieces but no guarantees, and I know you'll want to clean them yourself anyway so I won't bother. If you already have some good sealed-type earbuds, be nice and leave them for someone who doesn't. USA/Canada only please, I don't want to pay heaps for postage.

(Moving to New York. Everything I keep, I have to pack, then unpack into a smaller apartment.)

Feb 8, 2002 at 5:17 PM Post #7 of 8
My ex-70lp broke too. The right got louder than the left. I also tried to modify them with tape and foam, but I didn't like them. I ended up throwing them out on in the garbage can. Sony's quality control has gone down hill in the past 10 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back