How do you tell your girl you don't like the gift she bought for you?
Jul 4, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #77 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A second thought... maybe your girlfriend posted in another forum, how do you tell your boyfriend he smells funny... and thus the suggestion of soap as a gift.

This.

Maybe there's a Lush forum somewhere.

On the other hand, you could always leave a blatant yet humorous note come the time of your birthday or christmas or gift-giving occasions! Just leave a note somewhere saying "Bonthouse LOVES headphones and loves presents... If only the two could be combined!" and then leave them in crumpled up papers all around the house. If she has a strong sense of humor, she might find it funny... If not, don't blame me if you wake up covered in little napkins that say "YOU'RE GETTING MORE LUSH"!

Jul 4, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #78 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a saying in marriage: "you can be right, or you can be happy."

Please note that this statement only applies to married people.

(I've dodged that bullet twice.)

biggrin.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #79 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please note that this statement only applies to married people.

(I've dodged that bullet twice.)

biggrin.gif

Of course. Singles can have their cake and eat it too.
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 5, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #80 of 87
Yo Soundboy,
This is gay and you know it. All the warning signs are there from what everyone on this board are telling you; it sounds like you are obsessing over a chick who does not want to be with you. She does not want to hurt your feelings too badly; instead she hopes you would wise up and l walk away. You need to get your ring back, move on, and stop suffocating this chick before she files a restraining order against you.

I think you are hanging on to something that is just not there and there is also good chance that she is seeing other guys. Like you said it has been 5 years, it has not happened, and as a reminder chicks has a biological clock.

Your posts are textbook examples of a lonely individual with an unhealthy obsession…this is their perspective and how they portray themselves…as a victim. I don’t want to be reading about you in the media as some deranged psychopath who killed a nice girl and himself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whatever the case may be, you have been together for five years and are still on the fence about marriage. There is nothing inherently wrong with the by itself, but when you said it was not the size of the diamond that she objected to, you are fooling yourself or she is lying, one of the two. I know this because she said "yes" to the more expensive ring. Either she said yes to make you happy, and now she is sending up flags (the phone call that killed the engagement), or she is shallow (held out for the bigger and better ring) and not marriage material.

This is do or die time. You need to think long and hard about the things that have happened with a VERY objective mindset. Forget how much time you are together; how WELL do you know her? Is this how she normally acts? If so, get out now while the emotional and monetary damage is minor.

If you have doubts now, marriage will only amplify any problem(s) you are having now.

Jul 5, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #81 of 87
Although I personally agree with the sentiment expressed in the now-deleted defaced ad (and think it's rather funny), it just crossed over permissible language line and had to go. Sorry, guys.

And speaking of language, what's with the "it's gay" stuff lately? Surely this isn't junior high, and better choices of language can be found....please.

Jul 5, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #82 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by gobears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yo Soundboy,
This is gay and you know it. All the warning signs are there from what everyone on this board are telling you; it sounds like you are obsessing over a chick who does not want to be with you. She does not want to hurt your feelings too badly; instead she hopes you would wise up and l walk away. You need to get your ring back, move on, and stop suffocating this chick before she files a restraining order against you.

I think you are hanging on to something that is just not there and there is also good chance that she is seeing other guys. Like you said it has been 5 years, it has not happened, and as a reminder chicks has a biological clock.

Your posts are textbook examples of a lonely individual with an unhealthy obsession…this is their perspective and how they portray themselves…as a victim. I don’t want to be reading about you in the media as some deranged psychopath who killed a nice girl and himself.

Jeez that is very judgemental, gobears. I am sure there is more to this story.

And um...chicks?

Soundboy the short is that, life is short and you deserve someone who respects you and treats you right. Sure you cannot tell how people will turn out even years down the line, but the best you can do is just move on to bigger and better things. The way she handled things tells you what kind of person she is. What is to say she won't do that sometime down the line again? I guess weigh your options - will life be better with her? or without?

Jul 5, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #83 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jeez that is very judgemental, gobears. I am sure there is more to this story.

And um...chicks?

Yeah, chicks is pretty darn demeaning.

Quote:

Soundboy the short is that, life is short and you deserve someone who respects you and treats you right. Sure you cannot tell how people will turn out even years down the line, but the best you can do is just move on to bigger and better things. The way she handled things tells you what kind of person she is. What is to say she won't do that sometime down the line again? I guess weigh your options - will life be better with her? or without?

x2

It sounds to me like she's using you. I'm sure she has some great qualities, but asking you to exchange a ring you worked hard for is rather shallow. But, throwing 5 years down the drain is a tough pill to swallow.

Jul 5, 2009 at 7:47 AM Post #84 of 87
Just accept it with a smile and a kiss.
You probably do more harm if you tell here directly that you do not appreciate the gift.

Jul 18, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #85 of 87
First of all, thanks for everyone's advice. I have decided to move on and I will ask for my engagement ring back. I'm not going to get into any arguments or confrontations with her. In the end, it was her choice not to participate in the marriage....I was all ready to go for months.

Jul 18, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #86 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First of all, thanks for everyone's advice. I have decided to move on and I will ask for my engagement ring back. I'm not going to get into any arguments or confrontations with her. In the end, it was her choice not to participate in the marriage....I was all ready to go for months.

Good move. I know you have invested a lot of time with her, but it will always be better to cut losses rather than being miserable.

Jul 18, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #87 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bravo!
A difficult decision for you I am sure, but the right one I am just as sure. As long as I am being sure, I am sure some lucky person will find you and all will be well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back