How do you store your Etymotics when mobile?
Jun 10, 2004 at 4:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

hazmat

100+ Head-Fier
I just got a new messenger bag which is a nice side pocket that fits my iPod. I live in NYC and have particular needs for mobility. As with most bags, there's a common issue. How do you store your Etymotic-type earphones when needing to quickly take them out?

Thanks.

Jun 10, 2004 at 4:23 AM Post #2 of 11
me? altoids tin + front pocket. but that might just be me.

Jun 10, 2004 at 4:33 AM Post #4 of 11
I stick them in my favorite CD bag, but I also like the cute little pouch they come with.
etysmile.gif

Jun 10, 2004 at 5:46 AM Post #8 of 11
I use the ety pouch too - although I find it easiest if I wind them up carefully, and just zip the case up - not trying to stuff them into one of the little inside pockets.

I start winding with the shirt clip in the tips of my fingers, and wind the cord up around the tips of three fingers. This makes a fairly neat bundle that fits easily in the case. If you're consistent with your winding technique, it's really quick, and they unwind easily without tangles. YMMV...

Jun 10, 2004 at 8:10 AM Post #10 of 11
Don't like the zippers. Afraid I'll catch the cord in the zipper teeth and rip it. Instead I used my old KOSS THE PLUGS!! blue pouch. Squeeze to open, let go and it closes firmly. See, the Koss plugs do have a use after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back