How do you store your cd´s??
Jan 4, 2005 at 10:37 AM Post #20 of 33
i got this cool cd shelf thing about a year back from my parents with piano keys all on the side, so it looks like a keyboard. it's really neat.
smily_headphones1.gif
it probably holds like 100 cds, it's totally full now... so the cds are now overtaking my desk space and other random spots of the room. i just recently moved a bunch of my cds into a caselogic binder as i hate to take jewelcases with me when i travel. it's really nice and convenient, although smarter people with perhaps more time on their hands would probably use burned copies.
tongue.gif

Jan 4, 2005 at 10:47 AM Post #21 of 33
Man, I store them on my Macintosh! 146GB and counting!
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

Really, that's were all the music goes these days. Some special CDs and all SACDs are kept next to the rig on several small 20 disc holders. The other media is stored on some chrome-wire system-shelve that I bought aeons ago. The thing looks rather crowded by now, I shall look for something more attractive myself. Maybe I'll just put them in some slick metal boxes / CD suitcases. The IKEA solutions are nice in part, but not very applicable if you lack straight walls...

Sometimes I am quite happy that I never felt the urge to buy into vinyl and that I no longer seek LaserDiscs. Storage can be a pain.

Jan 4, 2005 at 12:04 PM Post #23 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson
They have IKEA's in Denmark, yes?
580smile.gif

Yeah we do
biggrin.gif

Thanks for all the answers!!

Now I have some thinking to do, whether if I would get rite of something else or just buy one of those stands insteed
confused.gif

Jan 4, 2005 at 2:57 PM Post #25 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by asmox
in their jewel cases, on bookshelves.

DITTO

Jan 5, 2005 at 5:21 PM Post #27 of 33
With a collection getting close to 1000 CD's, I needed to do something with them, so a couple of years ago I installed some shelves in a closet that is in the same room as my PC, HT system, and headphone system. I spent less than $100 for the shelves and brackets from Home Depot, although I'm running out of room again as my collection is still growing.

-Keith

Jan 5, 2005 at 10:37 PM Post #29 of 33
This is what I use. It holds more than 1000 CDs and has a much smaller footprint than a wall unit - 18" across each side and 64" high.

650Dsc00273-med.jpg

Jan 5, 2005 at 10:47 PM Post #30 of 33
CD/DVD multimedia storage shelf i got from bb. enough space for around 1000 CD's until my collection grows larger than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back