How do you store/display your headphone collection?
Jan 9, 2019 at 2:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Benz-Fi

100+ Head-Fier
I've been giving it a lot of thought lately and can't make up my mind, I have about 36 units that I want to store and maybe 12 that I want to display and use more often with easy access. I come to you for some inspiration. Post pictures of your collection display or storage. Cheers!

Jan 9, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #2 of 14
I put my headphones in their respective cases from the manufacturer or if they dont come with one i buy one that they can fit in. I prefer to keep mine safe, protected, reduced exposure to dust and dirt. All in the hopes of increasing their lifespan :)

Ps: planars should be kept 100% covered or cased due to dust entering the driver housing and causing issues.

Jan 9, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #3 of 14
36? My gosh. I have two, keep on stands and use stax plastic see through covers.

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #4 of 14
I put my headphones in their respective cases from the manufacturer or if they dont come with one i buy one that they can fit in. I prefer to keep mine safe, protected, reduced exposure to dust and dirt. All in the hopes of increasing their lifespan :)

Ps: planars should be kept 100% covered or cased due to dust entering the driver housing and causing issues.
That's how I keep them now, most in hard cases, stacked up in cabinets and tucked away, but I want to display the ones I use more often, almost like a buffet so I can choose my weapon of choice before each session. :dt880smile: - My "man cave" where I intend to display the few is a clean, dirt and kid free environment and I can keep them from getting dusty over time with use. I was also thinking about individual stax covers like @Whazzzup mentioned covering them as they display on a shelf, I just wish they didn't say "Stax Earspeaker" on the front of the covers.

Jan 9, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #5 of 14
you could always use this..

httpswww.luminati.co.ukimagesproductsldprodld64_01_black_a.jpg

Jan 9, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #7 of 14
Where I keep my headphones when I'm not using them. I have a Sony MDR 7510 that will never make it in there, not because I don't consider it special, but because the Sony is the one I use all the time.
2gvszfo.jpg

Jan 10, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #10 of 14
That's a solid idea, any idea where to find the one pictured online in the us?

@Mhog55 I have a coat/hat rack right now but it's on a stand not on the wall and so the headphones all crowd each other too much and looks clustered. I'll definitely consider putting some up on the wall. Thanks!
I mean you could always check out ikea im sure they have it cheap. I hope lol, here in canada you can get a display like that for maybe 100-200$ maybe. Not much when it comes down to protection for our hobby!

Jul 17, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #14 of 14
I've been using the binder clip trick like in this pic for most of my headphones. There's plenty of space on the sides of my desk and clips are cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back