How do you store/carry your Ety ER-4?
Aug 15, 2003 at 7:14 PM Post #16 of 29
I imagine that glasses case would be the easiest to use, account less windings on the cord.

Hey grinch, is that Ety case a soft case, or is it kinda stiff? And, how big is it? I saw that on their site, but I couldn't determine the size.

I'm going to use the sour altoids can this trip. Then when I get a chance I will go to the store and look at sunglass cases.

Thanks you guys!

I would still like to find something that winds them up and stores them, like Sony has for their crap buds.

Aug 15, 2003 at 9:34 PM Post #18 of 29
This case is a bit big but it's great. It's a tag heur leather watch case. I don't have a portable rig anymore, so this is just to put them in and leave on my desk. Makes a great case, and put my watch somewhere else : ]

Aug 16, 2003 at 12:12 AM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
i bought the zippered pouch from etymotic.com the last time i ordered new tips/filters..

er6pouch.jpg

works awesome. it has two little pockets on the inside, i put my er-4s in one, and my freebie mx300's in the other. that way i have both closed and open headphones in the same portable setup. all hail the ipod!

I second this new pouch. I just received it (ordered with filters and tips too). Ety's fit in there nicely and the size is about right. It looks cool too. Besides, it's just 4 bucks a piece. Can't go wrong with it.

Aug 16, 2003 at 2:33 AM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by Anakin
I would use this case. I plan on buying it soon.
It's 17 bucks and can hold my minidisc player.

That looks pretty sturdy Anakin. I was just going to say if you could post a link and then...
bulb.gif

Aug 16, 2003 at 10:06 PM Post #23 of 29
Well, the Altoids Sours can worked okay. It was much easier to roll up the cords to fit in it. And that tin fits in my bag with 2 pcdp, a mint meta, extra batteries, connect cable, and the remote for the SlimX and 5 cds. (it's a triple decker cd player/cd bag from case logic).
But I can see where a glasses case would be even easier, then Anakin gave me an idea with that picture he posted. How about a pda case, or cell phone case from Cell Safe. They are kind of expensive though.
I like gerG's idea, but my phones would not last one trip in my backpack that way( my pack weighs about 40 pounds). BTW gerG, did you change the end or shorten your Ety's?

Aug 17, 2003 at 4:29 AM Post #24 of 29
Oh yeah, the connector. The stock connector developed an internal short after about 2 years. Ety would probably have fixed them for nothing, but I was not willing to be without them for that long, so I soldered on an aftermarket plug. Those silver tinsel leads were a bitch to work with, so next time they go back to the factory! Funny thing is that the graft on end has lasted through more workouts than the original did. I keep waiting for it to give out.

I fprgot to mention that the ziploc encased Etys travel in a pocket on my briefcase, or in my gymbag, or in my pants pocket. The zipbag is mostly to keep them coiled, and to keep lint out of the filters.

gerG

Aug 17, 2003 at 10:46 PM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
http://cableorganizer.com/cable-turtle/

The Etys fit completely inside
smily_headphones1.gif

MacDEF, Does the cord have more bends in them after you take them out? It looks like when you wind them on there that they start out with a pretty small diameter wind. I know trying to get my ER-6s into the plasitc container I use two fingers and it still is kind of kinky when I take them out.

Aug 18, 2003 at 12:41 AM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by fractus2
MacDEF, Does the cord have more bends in them after you take them out? It looks like when you wind them on there that they start out with a pretty small diameter wind. I know trying to get my ER-6s into the plasitc container I use two fingers and it still is kind of kinky when I take them out.

You don't have to wind them tightly around the inner "hub" -- I tend to wind them loosely (so that they just sit inside). I actually have two of these: a larger one for my ER-4 and a smaller one for my ER-6.

Aug 18, 2003 at 12:47 AM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
You don't have to wind them tightly around the inner "hub" -- I tend to wind them loosely (so that they just sit inside). I actually have two of these: a larger one for my ER-4 and a smaller one for my ER-6.

Thanks MacDEF.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back