how do you see or request a summary of 90+ page thread?
Feb 2, 2020 at 11:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

audioismyhobby

New Head-Fier
I just bought a Schiit Valhalla 2 headphone amp. I am interested in recommendations on different input tubes. There is a thread in the Headphone Amp forum titled, "Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread." started by Mr. Tom. 94 pages and no summary. I have read about 10 pages and the thread organically wanders all over the place, as you may expect but there is nothing I have seen, at the beginning or the end, that actually gives you the answer to what the thread was created to address. There is no summary of what people actually recommend, and importantly, no qualifiers as to what headphone and DAC they used when trying different tubes. In contract, there is a thread on the Aune T1 tube recommendations and there is a helpful summary posted at the very beginning of the thread. I am new here and have read the rules and guidelines and did not see anything in those documents that address this question. Please let me know the best way to approach getting a summary for the Valhalla thread. Thank you.

Feb 3, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #2 of 4
You're lucky if you found a thread on tube rolling that's only 94 pages long. Most of them are into the multiple thousands of pages. I have the same issue.

I guess you could try posting your requirements in one of the threads and asking for help. True, the information might be there but it could take weeks of searching and thousands of lives. It would be nice if somebody could distill the knowledge in some readable form.

Feb 3, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #3 of 4
I just bought a Schiit Valhalla 2 headphone amp. I am interested in recommendations on different input tubes. There is a thread in the Headphone Amp forum titled, "Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread." started by Mr. Tom. 94 pages and no summary. I have read about 10 pages and the thread organically wanders all over the place, as you may expect but there is nothing I have seen, at the beginning or the end, that actually gives you the answer to what the thread was created to address. There is no summary of what people actually recommend, and importantly, no qualifiers as to what headphone and DAC they used when trying different tubes. In contract, there is a thread on the Aune T1 tube recommendations and there is a helpful summary posted at the very beginning of the thread. I am new here and have read the rules and guidelines and did not see anything in those documents that address this question. Please let me know the best way to approach getting a summary for the Valhalla thread. Thank you.
When there is a summary it is because the OP did that on there own and there is no obligation to do it to post yes it is nice when someone does but it does take time and effort. You can always ask on the thread what tubes others have used and what would work for your setup and music likes. You can always start a new thread as well. I agree it is nice when people do take the time and effort to do a nice summary.

Feb 4, 2020 at 6:03 AM Post #4 of 4
Well we get it that there is no obligation to do that. Still, without some way to summarize a thousand page thread it degenerates to an unmanageable pile of data...

Not expecting anybody to do anything for nothing, just lamenting the current state of affairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back