How do you replace the head band pad on Senn HD580?
Mar 12, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #2 of 4
On the inside of the headband  there are 2 clips (they have the 'made in Ireland' inscription on them).
You need to flip them open with a flat headed screwdriver, or something similar. Just make sure to fully extend the headband first.
The clips will come off completely and afterwards you can slide off the foam pad and replace it with a new one.

Mar 12, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #3 of 4
Theres a YT video showing how to do it.

You basically carefully pry up one of the little plastic "made in Ireland" pieces with a butter knife.  You should be aware though that those parts can become brittle over long periods of time.  Another option once the foam padding is worn completely flat is to use a beyerdynamic snap-over padding.  Thats probably what I am going to do in the near future with mine.  I could have sworn I saw some pics of senn cans modded this way... let others correct me though.

Mar 12, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #4 of 4
Others have covered the steps to remove the clips and then it is very easy to slide in a new headband BUT...if you want to save a few £/$ then you can carefully cut the back of the headband and re-stuff with simple foam at a cost of pennies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back