How do you properly store in-ear headphones? Specifically Senn Ie80
Mar 24, 2013 at 6:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

styliztik_jones

New Head-Fier
I plan on buying the Sennheiser Ie80 and want to know how to properly store the earphones/cables when not in use.

I am replacing my old Sennheiser Ie7 after the sound went out on the left side of the earphones. When I bought the Ie7 they came with a box shown below in the picture. I actually never stored my earphones in this box though. I would just softly bunch up the wires together and never wrapped them around anything. By doing this all the time, the Ie7 earphones lasted exactly 3 years without any problems until the sound went out on the left side of the earphones. The wires failed because the sound would only return when I put a lot of pressure on a specific area of the wires.

So, anyone have any advice as to how to store the Ie80? Is the box provided by Sennheiser really for everyday storage as the picture below shows? Because the way the picture shows it seems there is a lot of pressure on the wrapping of the cables.

Appreciate any advice. I know these earphones come with a 2 year warrranty but I would like them to last more than 2 years.

Mar 24, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #2 of 3
I use this...from Wilkins Pouches here in the UK, made of leather and very sturdy, it's the large size. They're also available in the USA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back