how do you moisten your er6i tips when on the go?
Dec 22, 2006 at 4:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

basmatirice

100+ Head-Fier
also, i've found it's best just to moisten them and jam them in my ears. pulling my ear back before inserting them and the letting go seems to cause the flanges to cut into my canal in a painful way.

Dec 22, 2006 at 4:07 AM Post #2 of 22
i just put them in slowly, not moistening them. getting them out is a much bigger pain, mainly with the flanges. it's hard to get a good grip.

on a related note, these seem to sound a LOT better over the past couple of days (i got them over a month ago). i guess the burn-in effect is pretty drastic, i was not impressed at first. the isolation is godlike...

Dec 29, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #3 of 22
I don't have the er6i's, but the creative ep-630's.
I do however lick my finger and moisten the circumfrance of the silicon tips before inserting them into my ears, helps get a seal IMO.

Dec 29, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #5 of 22
I don't moisten my ER-6is. I just grab the top of my ear with my opposite hand and lift up slightly, then insert the tip with my other hand. I push gently until they're where they feel comfortable, then release my ear and they seal just fine. I use the tri-flange tips right now. I actually have yet to try the foam tips because the flanges work great for me.

Dec 29, 2006 at 6:01 AM Post #7 of 22
I don't moisten them (tri-flanges) I have slightly oily skin so they slide right in. I bet nose grease would work also.
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2006 at 6:15 AM Post #8 of 22
EWWWW, you guys moisten your IEM's with saliva?
Ugh. Now I feel sick.

Isn't your ear rather oily due to residue that builds up every night in your sleep? So it SHOULD be slightly oily; no need for spit.

Dec 29, 2006 at 10:16 AM Post #12 of 22
ugh. i didn't know IEM's required licking... adds more to fervor to buy the marshmallows...

Dec 29, 2006 at 10:33 AM Post #13 of 22
Not all IEM's require licking. The ER-6i's go pretty deep compared to other IEM's though. Putting moisture on the tips helps it slide in and form a good seal. I avoid licking my ER-6i's ever, imagine the stares.... :p I mean I get enough stares fiddling with my ear jamming those suckers in.

So glad I picked up some super.fi 5 pros. Don't ever need to add moisture. And after I wear them, my ear doesn't feel like it's been f*&^ed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back