How do you manage your looong cords?
Jan 31, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #17 of 40
Jan 31, 2007 at 12:28 AM Post #18 of 40
I keep the factory-supplied ties in place, and carefully pull out sections of the cord instead, making it only as long as necessary. Beats having to re-coil the cord myself.
wink.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #19 of 40
thank god for dt990's coiled cord, such a convenience
smily_headphones1.gif
no long cords to deal with but can stretch long if u want to move away sometimes.

Jan 31, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #21 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by sagrr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow... im surprised nobody suggested going around the belt straps as I've been doing this for about 3 years now with my SR60's

Can you take pictures of what you mean?

Jan 31, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #22 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by sagrr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow... im surprised nobody suggested going around the belt straps as I've been doing this for about 3 years now with my SR60's

Do you mean wrapping the cord around your jeans and using that as a belt? I guess it would work even with a belt inserted.
Pissing will be a pain though.
280smile.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #23 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenleaf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wrap it around your neck
icon10.gif

LOL. I do that sometimes with my Grados. Something about wrapping a cable around my neck just makes me uncomfortable though.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you mean wrapping the cord around your jeans and using that as a belt? I guess it would work even with a belt inserted.
Pissing will be a pain though.
280smile.gif

Has anybody tried wrapping it around their neck while also using it as a belt?

Jan 31, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #25 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want something inconspicuous to manage my cords when I wear them. So far, I've only managed to find Smarterwrap. What good cable managers are there?
Also, I don't want to use containers because they're just too cumbersome. I want something lightweight and small --something you can wear without appearing too geeky.

Thanks.
lambda.gif

No offense dissembled, but you might as well just put it inside your shirt. Wearing full headphones out in public, at least where I come from, pretty much announces "geek coming." I doubt that a little more or less bulge in your shirt will alter that impression too much one way or the other.

And yes, I've done it.
600smile.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 2:50 AM Post #26 of 40
lol I wear big headphoens out in public allt he time... noone thinks i'm a geek lol if anythign they think i'm a punk or a cool dj xP. Although half of this is because of my boots/jeans with a nice beat up motor leather jacket xP. Big headphones rule xP, hmm i always wanted to use it as a belt and wrap it around but tis a pain when you want to put the headphones away to un strap it.

Jan 31, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #27 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by ldj325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No offense dissembled, but you might as well just put it inside your shirt. Wearing full headphones out in public, at least where I come from, pretty much announces "geek coming." I doubt that a little more or less bulge in your shirt will alter that impression too much one way or the other.

And yes, I've done it.
600smile.gif

I don't use big cans. I use the Ety Er6s. Subtlety is the key.
wink.gif

Jan 31, 2007 at 11:53 AM Post #30 of 40
I simply cut too long cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back