How do you manage your looong cords?
Jan 30, 2007 at 10:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

dissembled

Headphoneus Supremus
I want something inconspicuous to manage my cords when I wear them. So far, I've only managed to find Smarterwrap. What good cable managers are there?
Also, I don't want to use containers because they're just too cumbersome. I want something lightweight and small --something you can wear without appearing too geeky.

Thanks.
lambda.gif

Jan 30, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #4 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by nonamebrand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For my Grado SR60s, I'm using a random rubber-band that I found on my bedroom floor.
wink.gif

I've thought of using that. Unfortunately though, there's not too many black ones around. And bands make it look there's a big black lump on the middle of your chest.
frown.gif

Jan 30, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #6 of 40
Usually I run the cable under my shirt, helps prevent snagging your cable against something. But yeah, the lump of cable looks a bit weird and also feels a bit weird against my chest. To make things worse, Grado cables are thicker than what I'm used to.

Hmmmm...The rubber-band, under the shirt method will have to do for now. I really don't want to snag the cable...but if I snagged the cable and ripped it, that would give me a good excuse to re-cable with possibly shorter cables, which is something I haven't done before but would like to learn.
icon10.gif

Jan 30, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #10 of 40
I've also thought about this but I don't want a cable management system. I am either going to cut my headphone cable myself and shorten it or get someone else to do it IMO that will look the cleanist.

Jan 30, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #11 of 40
lol, well usually i just recable mine if its too long, but certain headphones i prefer it long like my a700s and i do bring them out to use portably xP but instead of using cable wraps and all those junk i just do the traditional way at least it works great for me, if the wire is coiled i let it hang on my cellphone clip since i put my portable amp on my butt xP and my mp3 on my frotn pocket lol i just take the wire and let it hang on my cellphone clip, cutting the wire length in half and looks normal, works for me. But if the wire is straight all i do is wrap the middle part up in big loops and use the twisty wires to hodl it together and put it inside my jackets side pocket,t his is good because its better then wrapping it on the side of your headband or makign it into a big bun and put a rubberbadn on it, because all that does is weaken your wires and damage it. When I wrap mines I make big loops to ensure that its still in good condition and then just put one of those twisty wires to hold it together and i do this very lightly, put it inside my side pocket and bam all done xP. looks normal and doesnt put stress on the wires. I see alot of people wrapping their cables in a bun and tying it as it hangs on their chest their stomach and what not. That realy hurts the cable in the long run, your putting alot of stress on the tied cable and even worse it adds alto of weight to the cable thus pulling the connection on both ends of the wire sigh.... Trust me if you have a jacket with a side pocket your better off just making semi big circle loops and put it inur side pocket, it looks very normal. cable wraps add weight and is really a hassle, otherwise just recable it. And besides most cable wraps dotn work well with high end headphoens cause their wires are thicker and you wouldnt want to bend those much... good luck xP dang i wrote alot!!!!

Jan 30, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #13 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've thought of using that. Unfortunately though, there's not too many black ones around. And bands make it look there's a big black lump on the middle of your chest.
frown.gif

use the twisties that comes with almost all headphones that wrap your wires, but yea that big black lump on your chest is annoying and also really kills the life of your wires!!!!! just make semi big loops and tie it gently and put it in a nice secure side pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back