How do you listen??
Oct 10, 2012 at 7:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

URHYNS

New Head-Fier
Hey Head-Fi,

We all obviously love music, but what I want to know, is what else do you do while listening to your favourite tunes through your favourite cans? Post a pic demonstrating this and give us a little insight into why you love this passtime. 

I like to kick back with a cigar and a mag or browse forums.... I'm into guns and I LOVE a good cigar. Anyone else like a good stogie?  

I'm currently listening to some minimal through my Ultrasone Pro900's, smoking a cuban, Partagas Serie D Number 4. I can appreciate and sympathise that there are many Americans online who don't have the privilege of being able to smoke Cuban cigars. In Australia, we don't have such constraints... Thank God. Bout to flick through a Beretta firearm magazine. I love shotgunning, and own a beautiful Beretta 686 double barrel 12 gauge shotgun... 

So that's how I enjoy my time with my cans, how about you??

Elie

Oct 10, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #2 of 5
Heya,

I like to smoke my pipes while I use forums, browse the web, read articles/journals, shop, etc, and of course listen to music constantly. I do it with speakers, headphones, etc. Doesn't matter. Depends no my mood or time of day and what all is going on. I swap to headphones mostly late at night and when I'm out and about. Speakers during "prime time" otherwise. Pipes? All the time. I generally enjoy a mild black cavendish like Whitehall Blacktie and some Dutch Masters Bourbon cavendish, with a sweet cab sav to sip.

Very best,

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #3 of 5
Fantastic.
I've never smoked pipe... Well, not the gentleman's type anyway. ;o)
Would love to give it a try, I know it smells terrific and I'm sure I'd love it.
Thanks for your input, loving your sound setup too. Do you not have it set up for surround?

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #4 of 5
Great topic!  Taking a pic of myself under influences probably would not be very flattering haha.  But yeah, I like to get "influenced" to varying degrees, sit on my deck, strap on a rig...and well...ROCK OUT!  The neighbors and my wife don't always appreciate it at 3am when I'm belting out "Stairway" 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Fantastic.
I've never smoked pipe... Well, not the gentleman's type anyway. ;o)
Would love to give it a try, I know it smells terrific and I'm sure I'd love it.
Thanks for your input, loving your sound setup too. Do you not have it set up for surround?

Heya,

Yeap, but it all cannot fit into the picture, there are 8 more drivers surrounding beyond what is seen there, two more towers making my side surrounds and two double drive book shelves behind for rears.

Pipes are all about aroma. Much like cigars.

Highly recommended.

Here's some M80 & Pipe representation:

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back