How do you like your eggs chaps?
Jan 7, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #16 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Scrambled here, though I'm not much of an egg person. I'll never order eggs at a restaurant, just a thing of mine. I always have to make them myself.

Same for me. I've never once had any egg cooked in any manner at an eating establishment which was actually how I like it.

The exception to this was my birthday dinner at The Peat Inn (debateably Scotlands best restaurant) where the poached quails eggs in my starter were perfecto.

Jan 7, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #17 of 126
Why isn't Balut on the list?
confused.gif

Jan 7, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #19 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Didn't click on it, but isn't Balut fertilized and partially developed duck eggs?

The 6 Most Terrifying Foods in the World

#1.
Balut

The Philippines

What the hell is it?

Behold, for our journey of horror reaches its destination. Balut are duck eggs that have been incubated until the fetus is all feathery and beaky, and then boiled alive. The bones give the eggs a uniquely crunchy texture.

They are enjoyed in Cambodia, Philippines and the fifth and seventh levels of hell. They are typically sold by street vendors at night, out of buckets of warm sand. You can spot the vendors because of their glowing red eyes, and the faint, otherworldly sound of children screaming.

Jan 7, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #20 of 126
Western Omlette - eggs, chopped ham, onions, green peppers, mix in a bit of adobo (salt,pepper,garlic powder) for seasoning and you're done. Great with ketchup and a little hot sauce, deelicious.....

Jan 7, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #21 of 126
^^ It's not that bad...it actually tastes like REALLY REALLY salty chicken. I tried it once and vomited not from the feeling of a duck in my mouth (although that was part of it) but because it was so damn salty. It tasted like I was drinking concentrated salt water.

You're not supposed to look at it when you eat it, you're supposed to just poke a hole in the shell and suck it out. Atleast, that's how all my friends and uncle eat that crap.

Yes, I'm filipino...lol

Jan 7, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #23 of 126
I like my eggs cooked.

Jan 7, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #24 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're not supposed to look at it when you eat it, you're supposed to just poke a hole in the shell and suck it out.

I tend to make a rule of not eating things I can't look at.

(I actually have tried it, but only the yolk part)

Jan 7, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #27 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then we have something in common.

"Careful with that ax, Eugene"

Jan 7, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #28 of 126
I don't like my eggs wearing chaps.

Jan 7, 2008 at 4:16 AM Post #29 of 126
Wow, I think I am gonna go make myself a couple over easy eggs right now... *mouth waters*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back