How do you like your cereal?
Sep 24, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #17 of 55
Crunchy with fruits...yum 
tongue.gif

Sep 27, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #19 of 55
Crunchy.  So much better crunchy.  I hunt down those last soggy bits like a man on a mission though.

however

I have discovered that a bowl of Frosted Mini Wheats in milk, nuked for (hell I don't remember) 30 seconds produces a bowl of something very much like a hot cereal, and still a bit of crunch in the areas that were not submerged.  Sublime.  This made me a fan of Mini Wheats, which I can now enjoy hot or cold.

And more than a few times I'll keep pouring cereal into my bowl so I can have some crunchy cereal in my leftover milk.  Repeat until the milk's gone.  Very easy to run out of cereal in my house.

My favorite is Kix.  I couldn't tell you why.  There certainly are very many good-tasting cereals out there, and sometimes you just want the sugary ones, sometimes the ones that aren't sweet at all, but Kix is always good.  Special K and Lucky Charms get the nod too.

Sep 27, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #20 of 55

Quote:
I like my cereal with milk, and consumed after 1 minute of contact with milk. Crunchy's nice but dry is definitely not good. 

Yes. Skim milk, maybe 30 seconds of contact. Skim milk is great for those first 30 seconds, but by the end of the bowl they're soggy. I'll put it this way: x = time in minutes, green is skim, purple is whole milk. Whole milk won't get things soggy, but it's just not the same for some reason. Skim milk is more refreshing to cleanse the mouth between mouthfuls of lucky charms.

And let's not even talk about people that pour the milk first...

Sep 28, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #24 of 55

Quote:
Whats disgusting, are the people that drink the milk from the cereal
angry_face.gif

If you have any milk remaining after eating the cereal, obviously your cereal : milk ratio is off.

I find a 2.5-3:1 ratio of cereal to milk to be the sweet spot for not having any sludge left over at the bottom of the bowl.

Sep 28, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #26 of 55
Quote:
If you have any milk remaining after eating the cereal, obviously your cereal : milk ratio is off.

I find a 2.5-3:1 ratio of cereal to milk to be the sweet spot for not having any sludge left over at the bottom of the bowl.

I need 90% of my cereal submerged, otherwise I don't get enough milk per spoonful early into the bowl.

Sep 28, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #27 of 55

Quote:
I need 90% of my cereal submerged, otherwise I don't get enough milk per spoonful early into the bowl.

If I have that much milk in my cereal though the bottom half gets too soggy by the time I reach it.

I prefer moist cereal over submerged cereal so I never fill up the bowl past a third to a half with milk.

Sep 28, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #28 of 55
Quote:

I dont really drink the milk on the spoon, though ive looked at it and asked myself "i think im suppose to take down both the cereal and the milk on the spoon."

Sep 28, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #29 of 55
Crunchy. I don't even use milk half the time.

I haven't had cereal for a few months though. At home I usually have toast or a bagel and at school they have all sorts of delicious options.

Sep 28, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #30 of 55
I've just started eating cereal again. I've been eating lots of oatmeal lately. I get the non-instant kind and dump in Ovaltine or syrup and sweeten it up a bit... tastes delicious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back