How do you know if an IEM is broken or damaged by listening to it?
Nov 14, 2018 at 9:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

energeon

New Head-Fier
Hi, so I would like to know whether or not you can tell an IEM is damaged by listening to it. I'm a bit paranoid about it so I would just like to ask it here.

So I accidentally dropped my Campfire Andromeda from about half a meter and people say BA drivers break easily from drops.

They sound 'fine', with both sides having sound and no areas that I can notice that are signs of damage like crackling, but with me being paranoid, I'm scared the drop may have worsened the sound quality. Is that possible?

Nov 14, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi, so I would like to know whether or not you can tell an IEM is damaged by listening to it. I'm a bit paranoid about it so I would just like to ask it here.

So I accidentally dropped my Campfire Andromeda from about half a meter and people say BA drivers break easily from drops.

They sound 'fine', with both sides having sound and no areas that I can notice that are signs of damage like crackling, but with me being paranoid, I'm scared the drop may have worsened the sound quality. Is that possible?

1. If there's no sound.

2. If the sound is totally effed up that whatever is wrong can't be attributed to response much less user preference regarding response - noise, outright distortion, overexcursion, etc.

In your case it could have weakened the solder joints or the shell, but it will likely take more abuse before any damage actually dislodges the solder point or crack the shell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back