How do you guys stay awake while listening to music?
Dec 12, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #16 of 61
I almost always like to fall asleep listening to music, I find it better than falling asleep while watching T.V... just put on my cans, my "shuffle" playlist, and enjoy myself until my mind ceases 

Dec 12, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #19 of 61
I can't fall asleep unless the room is dark, cold, quiet, and my coffin is closed. I've never been able to fall asleep to music because I get so engaged. Maybe if it were New Age meditation type music I could.

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #20 of 61
I can't listen to certain combos of music and headphones for more than an hour without falling asleep. If I combine my DT880s w/ jazz, classical, even rock sometimes, especially off a mellow amp, I find myself closing my eyes and then I'm gone. I've read that music, trance, and the unconscious are historically, culturally, and psychologically linked (use of drums during tribal ritual for instance). It's a natural state of the mind, so most of the time I don't try to fight it.     

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #21 of 61
Its actually a very interesting thread.

If I am laying down flat with headphones on I am also out within an hour. It does not matter the music, the volume, etc. I only worry that I might damage my phones while I sleep so I avoid putting myself in that position (I just sit up in bed when I listen).

But yea I am in the same boat buddy. Lay down and listening and it's lights out Zzzzzzzzz..................

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #22 of 61
Quote:
If I am laying down flat with headphones on I am also out within an hour. It does not matter the music, the volume, etc. I only worry that I might damage my phones while I sleep so I avoid putting myself in that position (I just sit up in bed when I listen).
But yea I am in the same boat buddy. Lay down and listening and it's lights out Zzzzzzzzz..................

Similar here. Music helps me sleep better at night, but I won't say I fall asleep if I listen to music everytime.

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #23 of 61
I can pretty much fall asleep listening to anything. I find that as long as I focus on listening I can usually stay awake, but if you are tired then your body is probably telling you something. Also, you might have sleep apnea, are you tired a lot during the day?

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #24 of 61
Glad to see more responses.
Quote:
I can pretty much fall asleep listening to anything. I find that as long as I focus on listening I can usually stay awake, but if you are tired then your body is probably telling you something. Also, you might have sleep apnea, are you tired a lot during the day?

I don't think I do. I am not abnormally tired during the day. My job is cleaning/detailing cars, which is actually pretty hard work. Sure, there are tougher jobs out there, but the boss keeps me busy. I am tired at night after a busy day, but that seems normal to me after working 9 hours.  

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #25 of 61
so...hmmm...this thread has been quite active lately and also quite confusing (at least on my part anyway).
I always firmly believe that if you are tired and you can feel your eyes closing then just turn everything off and go to bed, that way you don't have to worry about your electricity bill or ruining your headphones while you're sleeping.
It could just be the old man inside of me talking but sleep is one of those things I find i crave quite alot more these days
my 2c

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #26 of 61
The point of the thread was that I always fall asleep while I'm trying to listen to music. I want to stay up and listen, but I usually end up falling asleep while sitting on my couch with headphones on. I start to listen to an album and 2 songs into it I am asleep. I want to listen, not sleep. I guess common sense would say if you are tired then to go bed, but when I start my listening sessions I am wide awake. It's like music, no matter the genre, puts me to sleep.
Quote:
so...hmmm...this thread has been quite active lately and also quite confusing (at least on my part anyway).
I always firmly believe that if you are tired and you can feel your eyes closing then just turn everything off and go to bed, that way you don't have to worry about your electricity bill or ruining your headphones while you're sleeping.
It could just be the old man inside of me talking but sleep is one of those things I find i crave quite alot more these days
my 2c

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #28 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by kookoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

could you then perhaps try your listening session say 1 hour or 30 min earlier?

+1 maybe try listening before you are ready to sleep lol, and on a chair, I guess, unless i'm laying flat on my bed I usually don't fall asleep 

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #29 of 61
No, not really, I usually get home from work at 6pm. Then my girlfriend and I eat dinner together, then we usually watch TV or whatever for an hour or so, and then she goes to bed because she works really early in the morning. When she goes to sleep, which is usually around 8pm or so, this is when I start my headphone listening. Sometimes by as early as 10pm the music has put me to sleep. I usually listen to my Q701 at about 75-80 db (c-weighted), which isn't really that loud, but isn't that quiet either.

I can even fall asleep while listening to aggressive stuff like this: 

*Excuse the crappy audio quality if you do try the video, but you get the point.

I guess tonight is a good night, it's just past 10pm here and I'm still awake.
Quote:
Really? wow
Good luck with that
could you then perhaps try your listening session say 1 hour or 30 min earlier?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back