How do you find out someone's phone number using their address?
Jun 22, 2007 at 3:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Borat

Headphoneus Supremus
Don't worry, I'm not planning to stalk someone or make creepy phone calls.

I got ripped off on an M^3 with STEPS on the sale forums recently (details here) and I wanted to try directly contacting the seller since he is ignoring my PM's and e-mails.

I'm not going to take this lying down. I'm much too stubborn and pissed off to let it go. If PayPal doesn't do anything, then I have to take matters into my own hands.

If this address on the shipping box is for real, I want to use it so I can contact him by phone. And if that doesn't work, I'm just going to show up on his doorstep Jay and Silent Bob style.

Jun 22, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #3 of 11
If those on-line reverse directories don't work, see if your local library has a Cole's directory. It's like an address book showing the phone numbers for every person at a particular address. along with other demographic data.

Jun 22, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlindTiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If those on-line reverse directories don't work, see if your local library has a Cole's directory. It's like an address book showing the phone numbers for every person at a particular address. along with other demographic data.

This one does.

Jun 22, 2007 at 3:21 AM Post #5 of 11
Eek. That sucks
frown.gif
Best of luck!

Jun 22, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hehe you can show up on his front doorsteps. what exactly was wrong with the amp btw? it looked fine in the pictures.

it was a horribly sloppy DIY job at best.
the innards were not properly secured, the covers weren't machined well.
bad packing job, maybe additional damage from shipping. and the unit itself as of now, does not work.

Jun 22, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what exactly was wrong with the amp btw? it looked fine in the pictures.

I know, right? The damn thing is even working in the pictures he posted. Who knows what happened between the time that picture was taken and when he sent it to me. But you would think if he honestly sold me a fully functional amp and it was damaged in shipping, that he would respond to my e-mails and PM's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostOne.TR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it was a horribly sloppy DIY job at best.
the innards were not properly secured, the covers weren't machined well.
bad packing job, maybe additional damage from shipping. and the unit itself as of now, does not work.

Nice summary.

That is exactly what happened, except you were able to succinctly state it in a paragraph, whereas I needed like 5. I'm so upset about this that I cannot describe things efficiently anymore.

Thanks for the help everyone. Special thanks to n_maher for volunteering his DIY expertise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back