how do you find new music?
Aug 4, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #17 of 52
1 - Concerts: Opening acts are often excellent and likely to be the main act next time around.

2 - Forums: particularly some place called "Head-Fi" which often has posts with excellent recommendations & reviews
biggrin.gif

3 - RadioParadise: I often just put on a really really great internet radio station and enjoy.
wink_face.gif

Also check out their "Listener Review Channel" where they test stuff that's new to them.

4 - Paste Magazine - includes a free CD of new releases

Aug 4, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #21 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1 - Concerts: Opening acts are often excellent and likely to be the main act next time around.

Often a great surprise, sometimes the highlight of the show, typically the only place to find their recordings (save mail-order lists - yes, they still exist), and often a great source of soon-to-be-rare-possibly-even-sought-after material.

Opening acts are one of the prime reasons I stick to small venues.

Aug 4, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #23 of 52
Friends
"Top" Lists (not necessarily charts)
Sister
A while ago, radio was used quite a lot
Currently i am finding there is a lot of music i have only heard once, or a long time ago, so i am sort of re discovering my collection. It is fun.

Currently i am exploring a lot of old bands, especially in the rock/grunge genre. These are generally well know, so there really isn't a lot of finding to do. But in terms of finding their style, if I like them, their best songs/albums, listening is the best way.

When i used to use what.cd, for each artist they had a sort of "map" in which the artist was linked to other, and how similar they were. This helped me find a few bands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back