How do you feel about your J-O-B?
Oct 23, 2008 at 3:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

DanTheMiataMan

500+ Head-Fier
So everyone out there how do you feel about your J-O-B? Hate it? Love It? Poll it then explain it.

I'll start out I hate my job. Work Tech Support for a ISP and sadly I get racist, redneck, old people, dumb, or a mix of all 4 about 90% of the calls. I keep it cus it works with college hours and pays decent but ugh cant wait to graduate.

Oct 23, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #2 of 24
Still like it a lot!
Just like I did when I replied earlier today...
tongue.gif

Oct 23, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #3 of 24
wow.. 2 pages gone...

Oct 23, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #5 of 24
I am a student, and learning is my passion. What's not to love? Well, actually i like the concept of my job, in reality it does not reach its potential. school is boring, and not really challenging. Still, i love it.

Oct 23, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow.. 2 pages gone...

Sadly yes.
Lots of quite nice posts were lost, including a 3 liner from me about my job and me.

Oct 23, 2008 at 7:24 PM Post #7 of 24
I love my "jobs". I'm a grad student, and a research assistant for my supervisor, and a teaching assistant for the department, and a tutor for a residential college, and I love it all. The reading up on cutting edge research, the conjuring of new experiments and ideas, the preparation and running of a study (OK, this gets a bit tedious); the preparation for class and teaching a group of eager minds. It's great. I love my work so much that I got in trouble the other day, when my girlfriend asked me if I love my work more than I loved her, and I hesitated...

Oct 23, 2008 at 8:04 PM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love my work so much that I got in trouble the other day, when my girlfriend asked me if I love my work more than I loved her, and I hesitated...

Ouch! Thats a tough one...

Oct 23, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #11 of 24
Well, I had posted before, but it looks like the post disappeared.

I took my job as a temporary job to tide me over after I got my under-grad degree because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do afterward. Turns out the job is rather fun and my boss just wanted to move me into a position that makes this job a little more permanent. I rather like the job though because it is quiet when things go well, but when things go wrong, the job becomes challenging and exciting.

Oct 23, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #12 of 24
Waiter, meh. It's alright, most people are nice and every once in a while someone is truly hilarious, however there are a lot of ***holes that come in. I don't cook your food! I'm sorry if something turned out wrong, and really, if you just ask me about it I will do my best to make sure it is fixed to your liking, accidents happen.

Oct 23, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #13 of 24
I work in a party store and love it! everyones so happy all the time. Only a weekend job but what more could i ask for =]

Oct 23, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #14 of 24
I hated it earlier in my career because someone else was making the money. Now that I have been doing my own thing for 10 years, I couldn't imagine doing anything else. All in the motivation. $$$$$$

No, I think my satisfaction is knowing I help someone and they keep my number handy when they need help again. That means a lot. It motivates me to face the boredom of doing something for 30 years.

Oct 23, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #15 of 24
Not too bad - I enjoy it most days - but am getting ready for a change. Probably after the first of the year because I'll go to 80% in pension/profit sharing, which would be better off rolled into real estate.
eek.gif
It's beginning to make sense again.

Though I am seriously thinking about heading east for 9-10 months to join up with the JAG reserve. Really a pretty good deal and could be fun. Why not?

After that, I might finally get around to some accounting. Possibly another degree. We'll see.

The night job isn't going anywhere - I'll still work for the family company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back