How do you fasten the leads of the HE-500?
Apr 3, 2013 at 4:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

knwtmsyn

New Head-Fier
The washer is recessed in the headphone itself so it's hard to tighten. I usually tighten it as much as I can, than physically turn the metal piece directly underneath to make it snug. Is this the correct way?
Thanks in advance.

Dec 2, 2013 at 4:44 AM Post #3 of 5
Same question here...... There is no knob for adjustment, the only way is to force it up and down as I see it. That seems to be fine if used occasionally, however I always keep my HE-500 in the box and therefore it needs to be placed in its original position. In my case that means a lot of adjustments so I waiting for it to snap.

Anyone?

Dec 2, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #4 of 5
  The washer is recessed in the headphone itself so it's hard to tighten. I usually tighten it as much as I can, than physically turn the metal piece directly underneath to make it snug. Is this the correct way?
Thanks in advance.

I think it's as you suggest. You tighten the nut as far as possible by hand, until it sort of disappears out of reach, then twist the bit underneath a little more to tighten it up. That's all you need to do. Works fine, and won't come undone (or at least mine hasn't after a couple of months)..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back