How do you explain to your significant other when....
Apr 28, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #16 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvrboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do you have to explain anything? You're the man, a man should never make apologies for doing what interests him! You probably shouldn't make "this is the last headphone" promises in the future though. Just tell her you have an interest, and you will indulge that interest, thank you and goodnight.

X2
popcorn.gif

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #17 of 75
Quote:

Why do you have to explain anything? You're the man, a man should never make apologies for doing what interests him! You probably shouldn't make "this is the last headphone" promises in the future though. Just tell her you have an interest, and you will indulge that interest, thank you and goodnight.

Haha, if only it worked that way
smily_headphones1.gif
But I figured that I'm trying to buy all the headphone related stuff I can now before I get married since after that I'll have to "consult" for big purchases like these. As of right now, its my money, but I do get guilted with these headphones all the time
mad.gif

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #18 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by monsieurguzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but I do get guilted with these headphones all the time
mad.gif

Don't! Living the live mate
beerchug.gif

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #19 of 75
Quote:

Haha, if only it worked that way
smily_headphones1.gif
But I figured that I'm trying to buy all the headphone related stuff I can now before I get married since after that I'll have to "consult" for big purchases like these. As of right now, its my money, but I do get guilted with these headphones all the time
mad.gif

Hey, people take the piss out of me all the time for buying audio gear. Just friends, family members, everybody tells me im crazy or stupid to spend so much. You can't let them get to you - you only got so many days alive, so you might as well spend them doing what you love instead of worrying about where every cent goes. If you're having money problems then headphones isn't a wise choice. But I think you are doing fine for yourself, can afford some nice things, so you should get them and not look back. After all, you could get hit by a bus and die next month, so do what you want now!

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #20 of 75
Quote:

After all, you could get hit by a bus and die next month, so do what you want now!

Red Wine Isabellina - HeadAmp Blue Hawaii SE - STAX Omega II
L3000.gif

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #21 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by SillyHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
L3000.gif

Hehe, except that you'd probably get hit by the bus before actually receiving a BHSE amp
wink.gif

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #22 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by SillyHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
L3000.gif

I have the 1st part ....it's only a matter of time now...

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #23 of 75
Quote:

How do you explain to your significant other when a new box of headphones / headphone equipment arrives after that you promised you were done with buying headphone gear
wink.gif

I promised my fiance the I after my WA5 + HD800 setup (+ a whole lot of other 'complementing' gear), the only other headphone that I would buy was a "cheap" closed headphone to not disturb her. However, she opens the door today to find a FedEx guy with two very big boxes, one with a Stax SR-007 and one with a SR-717 amp... How do I explain to her another open headphone / amp, or should I just spray paint the black SR-007 to match the HD800 and she'll never know?
wink.gif

1) NEVER have stuff delivered to your home. Have it sent to your work address or to a friend.

2) Tell her it was sent to the wrong INSERT YOUR NAME HERE

3) Next time, order a large vibrator/dildo to be shipped in the same order.

4) "Hey, at least it's not **** videos!"

5) Next time, pay the FedEx guy to show up naked.

6) Hide all your other gear and tell her you swapped.

7) Tell her to deal with it, who wears the pants in your house anyway?

8) Tell her that it means nothing to you, it's HER that you really love.

9) Buy her a hamster.

10) Promise her that you will seek help for sex addiction.

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #25 of 75
You should of came up with a lie, like "I'm doing a review and someone was nice enough to let me borrow it" and then after a couple of weeks you can follow up with "I liked them so much I traded an old pair of headphones for it, so it only costed shipping!"

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #26 of 75
Or you could just be honest and try having a good relationship instead of one crammed with lies that will come crashing down later.

As long as you are spending within your means and have a hobby that you enjoy, it shouldn't be a problem. If you're spending beyond your means and eating into honeymoon or wedding funds (or whatever), she has every right to be upset.

With the way you guys are talking, it's no wonder that money issues decimate so many marriages.

As a side note, my wife rolls her eyes about how many headphones I have, but she knows I'm financially responsible, so it's okay.

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #27 of 75
Stick to the classics: "I'm just holding them for a friend...who's significant other isn't nearly as beautiful or understanding as you.."

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #28 of 75
Spend less than half as much as you usually would on your three next gift-giving occasions so that she knows you can be financially responsible and make sacrifices.

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #29 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by joelpearce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or you could just be honest and try having a good relationship instead of one crammed with lies that will come crashing down later.

As long as you are spending within your means and have a hobby that you enjoy, it shouldn't be a problem. If you're spending beyond your means and eating into honeymoon or wedding funds (or whatever), she has every right to be upset.

With the way you guys are talking, it's no wonder that money issues decimate so many marriages.

As a side note, my wife rolls her eyes about how many headphones I have, but she knows I'm financially responsible, so it's okay.

lol you mood killer :p

you should just tell he strait up and tell her when your incomes are combine you will make sure to spend more money then before
smily_headphones1.gif

then fallow with i <3 you and hug really tight then start crying you will win with this strategy eye drops for the tears you need eye drops <-- worked like a charm before

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #30 of 75
solution - put them on her head!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back