How do you explain to your significant other when....
Apr 27, 2010 at 11:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 75

monsieurguzel

1000+ Head-Fier
How do you explain to your significant other when a new box of headphones / headphone equipment arrives after that you promised you were done with buying headphone gear
wink.gif

I promised my fiance the I after my WA5 + HD800 setup (+ a whole lot of other 'complementing' gear), the only other headphone that I would buy was a "cheap" closed headphone to not disturb her. However, she opens the door today to find a FedEx guy with two very big boxes, one with a Stax SR-007 and one with a SR-717 amp... How do I explain to her another open headphone / amp, or should I just spray paint the black SR-007 to match the HD800 and she'll never know?
wink.gif

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #3 of 75
If you make a promise and then do not keep it, then maybe she is not your significant other?
You need to reassess your relationship.
If you cannot keep a promise then there a bigger problems to come.

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #8 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by monsieurguzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha!! I need to bring it all out on the table and say "look, I have a headphone addiction, deal with it"
smily_headphones1.gif

bad idea just make sure you get the boxs from now on

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #10 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Indeed.

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #11 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

this. And if she asks, tell her that you had these all along and give her a nice sloppy kiss
tongue_smile.gif
atsmile.gif

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #12 of 75
Well I usually do ship them to my office, but this time it had to ship to my Paypal approved address, which is our house, so there's no hiding the big boxes like I did with the Woo 5
wink.gif

As for the Stax phones, I could be like "What? These junky old headphones from the 70s? I literally got them for free". Now if only I had gotten the SR-007 Mk1, those really do look like from the 70s with the brown leather....

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:07 AM Post #14 of 75
Why do you have to explain anything? You're the man, a man should never make apologies for doing what interests him! You probably shouldn't make "this is the last headphone" promises in the future though. Just tell her you have an interest, and you will indulge that interest, thank you and goodnight.

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #15 of 75
Well, I've yet to own a significant other, but this is how it goes down here:

"Mommy, I just spent more than a week's wages on a pair of headphones."

"What happened to the ones that came with your iPod?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back