How do you clean out bits of earwax from IEM (Ultimate Ears triple fi 10)
Oct 28, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #16 of 22
  I know that the topic is on cleaning your triple fis, and I've found that using hydrogen peroxide is the best way (using a very thin pipe cleaner), but if this seems to be a big issue with you, I would probably look into some sort of ear cleaning routine. 

Longest run on ever. I can't tell if the poster is intending that you use the hydrogen peroxide in your own ear canal, but in case not it is worth mentioning that hydrogen peroxide just as any liquid is not safe for your IEM's. 

Dec 11, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #17 of 22
I was searching for a solution to this problem tonight.  I usually use the loop tool that someone linked to the JH page, but when I tried to remove a small piece of wax it pushed it further in until the loop couldn't get it (the loop is not long enough).  

I decided, at first, to just cut the loop to make it longer, but while looking for something to cut it I saw one of my wife's earrings.  Worked like a charm, got the wax out right so easily.  It was the longer, curved part that I used.  Just don't tell your wife.  

Feb 6, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #18 of 22
I'm surprised no one has mentioned using a straightened staple. I have reshelled TF10s and I used this method to remove super stuck earwax from deep in the tube. But as with any other method, you have to be careful not to push the earwax further in. 

Feb 6, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #19 of 22
I've just had this problem with my westone w4r's.
The right channel became noticeably quiter compared to the left channel.
Turned out it was the "wax stop" at the bottom of the ear canals. A tiny red piece of plastic. I couldn't clean them with that cleaning device with the loop/brush since it wasn't going down far enough. So I used a paperclip to remove the filter. I feel like now, that the filters are gone, the treble became much clearer.

I also have a pair of remolded TF10' s without such a filter. To get to earwax I can't reach with the cleaning tool, i use a 50 ml syringe with a "tipless" needle to clean them, basically suck the wax out. It's probably the "poor man's" vacuum device as the one mentioned before. Works pretty good.

Feb 11, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #20 of 22
I've just had this problem with my westone w4r's.
The right channel became noticeably quiter compared to the left channel.
Turned out it was the "wax stop" at the bottom of the ear canals. A tiny red piece of plastic. I couldn't clean them with that cleaning device with the loop/brush since it wasn't going down far enough. So I used a paperclip to remove the filter. I feel like now, that the filters are gone, the treble became much clearer.

I also have a pair of remolded TF10' s without such a filter. To get to earwax I can't reach with the cleaning tool, i use a 50 ml syringe with a "tipless" needle to clean them, basically suck the wax out. It's probably the "poor man's" vacuum device as the one mentioned before. Works pretty good.

The syringe idea is fantastic. I'll have to try that, thanks. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back