How do you carry your portable's remote
Jan 15, 2003 at 8:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Necroist

100+ Head-Fier
I'm wondering how do you guys carry PDP remote when you guys are on the road. Here's mine (I'm not sure if there's a right way to carry it, or if there is a right away at all)

remote1.jpg
remote2.jpg

I hope to see some pictures if possible ;D

Jan 15, 2003 at 10:09 AM Post #3 of 18
Hey, I have that remote!
biggrin.gif
Except it's upside down...well, I guess if you're looking down on it it's not...

Hey, is there any way to control the volume without the remote on the iMP-400? I mean, it has the Play and Pause buttons and the ability to skip tracks without the remote, but what good is that if you can't change the volume???

As for what to do with it on the road...hold it in your hand?? :
rolleyes.gif
You're talking about just being in a car, or on a bus to get somewhere right? I'm not sure how many other things there are that you can do with it...

Jan 15, 2003 at 12:24 PM Post #4 of 18
I think on the imp400 player itself, there's a volume control on the upper rightside. Or is that the fastforward scroll.

Anyway, yeah I was referring to carrying your Portable's remote on the bus\train.

I feel really weird clipping it on my bag's strap, any suggestions?

Jan 15, 2003 at 2:57 PM Post #8 of 18
now that you mentioned it,

thinking about how I wore that on a busy commuter train, makes me feel like a weirdo nerd. (like my hairstyle doesn't already prove that point hehe)

Jan 15, 2003 at 3:52 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by dokebi
Carrying your remote like that is the same as yelling to people, "rob me!."

That's sad..

Personally, I hold it in my hand
smily_headphones1.gif

It always falls off if I try clipping it anywhere (RM-MC11EL, standard with all MD and CD players from Sony as of R900/E900 generation)\

Is that remote REALLY that huge? The LCD looks about as big as the one on my new MD recorder..

Jan 15, 2003 at 5:46 PM Post #10 of 18
I have the IMP350 remote to deal with. I carry it in a way similar to the picture. I wear a safari vest from Cabelas and the remote clip slides right into one of the pen/pencil pockets. The player is in the pocket right behind the pen pocket and the TAH is in the pocket right above those. The 9v battery pack is in a pocket below those other items. It's all very handy. The TAH sticks up out of it's pocket just enough to make volume control extremely easy. I gotta admit to looking a little geeky with the wires coming out of my pocket going in all directions to other pockets and of course one wire to my head.
smily_headphones1.gif

Slip a jacket on and all this stuff disappears, except for the Ety's.

Jan 16, 2003 at 12:58 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Personally, I hold it in my hand

Yeah, those sony remotes are a pain, aren't they? Personally, I've started using my sony e900 without a remote. Sure, I lose the display, but does it really matter? I put the sony in my inside jacket pocket, and ksc-35s on the side. Portable bliss!

Jan 16, 2003 at 1:19 AM Post #12 of 18
I've noticed that when I buy new jackets nowadays I tend to look for those with a suitable pocket to slip a portable player in
smily_headphones1.gif
Right now I have a jacket with a nice chestpocket with a button and the remote I clip on the edge of that pocket.

Jan 16, 2003 at 6:37 AM Post #13 of 18
my sony 'mote (RM-MC11EL) stays clipped to my belt loop.

it tends to stay.

as a total aside, I saw my friend's DS8 today. I want one.

...stupid summer courses.

Jan 16, 2003 at 6:36 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

I don't use my remote, it would be a weak link.

If the player has a separate line-out and you have a separate portable amp, you can just use the remote plugged into the HF-out and navigate the player, leaving the main unit hidden/protected. I like that idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back