How do the AKG K550's compare to the other headphones listed in the thread?
Jun 11, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #31 of 35
I exchanged my 550's for Ultrasone Pro900's and where I'm not completely satisfied with them...They're better than the AKG...for me. The lack of richness and low end combined with the poor fit got to me after a couple of weeks. I also like the accessories that Ultrasone include with their proline. Case-Cables-Pads. The fit is great too. I can see with certain types of music they could be fatiquing. It all depends on your preferences.

I'm learning that headphones are like women... You'll try many before settling down but even then, you keep looking around thinking there might be something better out there.

Jun 11, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

I'm learning that headphones are like women... You'll try many before settling down but even then, you keep looking around thinking there might be something better out there.

Worth quoting again. 
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 5, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #35 of 35
sorry to bump an old thread, but i need to state, that the k550 isn't lacking bass imo. T70 is my primary headphone, and I chose it above a lot of more expensive headphones out there. To me they do everything just as I want it. I had the K550 some time ago, and I used it when I wanted just a little bit more slam in the bass, than the T70 could give - with minimal interference in the mids and without ANY sort of sloppyness. And they did the job to my satisfaction. T70 is more linear (and also more refined in general...). The reason I came to this thread was, that I'm considering getting the K550 once again. It's a lovely headphone, and prices these days are very attractive. I think the lack of bass stated by people here and there might rely on bad fit. The cups on K550 are very big, and for some people the fit might not be tight. I have a big head, though, so for me they are great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back