How do i use E7 as a dac
Jan 8, 2012 at 6:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

paradise

New Head-Fier
How do I use my Fiio E7 as a DAC only with another portable amp. I was disappointed with the amp output from the E7 with my fullsize phones. So I'm looking for another amp with more power to mate with it for crerating my own portable rig.
Thanks in advance

Jan 8, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #2 of 7
It would be much cleaner to get an e9 ( link ) as you can dock the e7 in it and do exactly what you want while also charging the e7 (the e9 should be plenty powerful enough for almost all headphones) , but you could also buy an LOD like this . Hope I helped :D 

Jan 8, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #3 of 7
I just saw the E17 is coming out. I recently bought the e7 a few months ago. Will it be better get the e11 to go along with the e7 for more power or for go the e7 altogether and get the e17?

Jan 8, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #4 of 7
If you want to use E7 as DAC only, you need the FiiO L7. Depend on how hard to drive your full size is, E9 (for very hard to drive) and E17 (for moderate hard to drive, mostly up to 300 ohm) can both be the answer.

Jan 9, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks ClieOS but I'm thinking of buying a new pair of phones possibly two. I have in mind the Denon D2000, HiFi Man 300, Ulrasone 780. I already own AD700, Grado 80i and the beats but just haven't heard the sound I'm looking for. I'm hoping an increase in power and an outboard DAC will get me what I want to hear portable wise.

Jan 11, 2012 at 4:44 AM Post #7 of 7
Oh yeh my bad I didn't see you needed another portable one. I think replace the e7 with the e17 as well. It has a decent increase in output power. There is not really a reason to have both the e7 and the e17. Too bad you got it at such a bad time. I was so close to buying an e7 the day before it came up for preorder, but I saw a post on this website so I waited a day haha. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back