How do I rip Sacd/Sacd Hybrid's?
Jan 14, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #17 of 31
So Sony messed up and the first two generations of PS3s can bypass SACD protection?
Fascinating.

Jan 15, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #18 of 31

Quote:
So SACD is finally in sight of catching up with DVD-Audio, at least partially.  I don't think there's any hope of being able to burn SACDs like DVD-Audio discs.

There is already since a while. It's called DSD Disc format. It only works for stereo though, not (yet) multichannel. And of course it will never be hybrid (CD-compatible) either.

See http://www.ps3sacd.com/dsddiscguide.html 

Jan 15, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #19 of 31
Interesting.

But, while that is useful for burning SACDs you rip as backups or for playing with the handful of Sony players that will play DSD Discs (and apparently other brand computers with a WMP plug-in), it's useless for everyone else...  It won't play in standard SACD players.

Jan 15, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #20 of 31

Quote:
Interesting... But, while that is useful for burning SACDs you rip as backups or for playing with the handful of Sony players that will play DSD Discs (and apparently other brand computers with a WMP plug-in)

plus 40+ million PS3s out there (even the ones that don't play SACD do support DSD Disc format) although sadly/ironically they will not output DSD via HDMI but hi-res PCM...

Jan 15, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #21 of 31

Quote:
Quote:
Interesting... But, while that is useful for burning SACDs you rip as backups or for playing with the handful of Sony players that will play DSD Discs (and apparently other brand computers with a WMP plug-in)

plus 40+ million PS3s out there (even the ones that don't play SACD do support DSD Disc format) although sadly/ironically they will not output DSD via HDMI but hi-res PCM...

Yeah, but I don't ever plan on getting a PS3.  I suppose my computer would work fine, but I really want to get a remote music server thing going.

I was thinking about getting a Logitech Squeezebox Duet.  But now that I've found that there's another, barely more expensive way to play my FLAC files: There is a Winamp plugin that allows output over the Apple Airport Express.  There's also an iPhone/iPod Touch app that allows it to act as a remote for Winamp.  Put together with the DAC of your choice, and you've got an elegant high-end music server set up for about $350 plus the cost of the DAC.  Heck, if you hide it right, no one will even know what or where the source is!

But I'm not sure if there's a Winamp DSD plugin.  I couldn't find one with a little bit of Googling, anyway.

Jan 15, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #22 of 31
Jan 28, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #23 of 31
It is possible to rip SACD and it's possible to convert DSD to PCM.

Jan 30, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #24 of 31
They sell modified SACD readers that allow you to rip them in digital format. They cost quite a bit though.

Jul 6, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #25 of 31
Another bump for this old thread,

casually I discovered that SACD can be ripped and hopefully foobar can play them , with sacd input plugin, and asio output,
popcorn.gif

While searching for an old PS3 I downloaded a SACD image,
I must confess that SQ was quiet good eventhough it takes some processing in converting from DSD to PCM,
so will it be possible somehow to play real dff in a pc, with their native sample rate, or no DAC can accept that?

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #26 of 31
Quote:
Another bump for this old thread,

casually I discovered that SACD can be ripped and hopefully foobar can play them , with sacd input plugin, and asio output,
popcorn.gif

While searching for an old PS3 I downloaded a SACD image,
I must confess that SQ was quiet good eventhough it takes some processing in converting from DSD to PCM,
so will it be possible somehow to play real dff in a pc, with their native sample rate, or no DAC can accept that?

Yet another bump

How can one extract the iso into individual tracks (intact) ?
from the iso on a pc .

Foobar2000 will play the iso ,and i can see the individual tracks
But i cant extract them to individuals

Id also like to convert them to 24/192 ( i know theres alota debate
on hires pcm Vs DSD ,which im new to and welcome discussion)
to play on my dx100 .

Cheers

Sep 12, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #27 of 31
  Yet another bump

How can one extract the iso into individual tracks (intact) ?
from the iso on a pc .

Foobar2000 will play the iso ,and i can see the individual tracks
But i cant extract them to individuals

Id also like to convert them to 24/192 ( i know theres alota debate
on hires pcm Vs DSD ,which im new to and welcome discussion)
to play on my dx100 .

Cheers

With the correct PS3 and the correct ripping software, you can rip an SACD to an iso.  The iso will play directly in JRiver 18 or 19 or Foobar2000.  Better yet, with the correct extraction software, you can extract the iso to individual DSF or DFF files.  Lots about this at www.computeraudiophile.com.

Apr 28, 2020 at 3:52 AM Post #28 of 31
Apr 28, 2020 at 4:15 AM Post #30 of 31
I still have to compare DSD256 files that I ripped from vinyl with DSD128 files that I ripped from SACD.
Which ones will be better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back