How do I play flac files on itunes?
Jun 6, 2010 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

JosephKim

1000+ Head-Fier
hey guys i dont know if this is the right place to post but here goes. I have some flac files that I would like to play on itunes but i dont know how. I googled and found that this program called 'fluke' would work. However, the one download i found did not work. Do you guys know of any good downloads or another way i could do this? Thank you.

Jun 6, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #2 of 31
A different way to do it would just be to convert from flac to alac which is a lossless codec that iTunes supports natively.  Other than that, figure out how to get fluke working in iTunes (it's not that hard), or download a different player to use are pretty much your only options (afaik).  Good luck!

Jun 6, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #5 of 31
Download dBpoweramp to convert flac to alac. Best music converter out there.

Jun 6, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #6 of 31
Quote:
Download dBpoweramp to convert flac to alac. Best music converter out there.

lulz.

@OP What OS are you on?  If not OSX, why iTunes?

Jun 6, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #7 of 31
If you read my sig I use an iMod, I rockboxed it and i didn't like the UI. I can live with iTunes.

Jun 6, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #8 of 31
Quote:
If you read my sig I use an iMod, I rockboxed it and i didn't like the UI. I can live with iTunes.

A DIYpod.  And that's great, only the 'lulz' was towards you, because I hate dBpoweramp.

Jun 6, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #9 of 31
Yes a diyimod ipod. dBpoweramp hasn't given me any problems. Whatever floats your boat.

Jun 6, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #11 of 31
with fluke you have to install it (drag the app icon to applications), then open the flac file with fluke (choose "Open With" and select Fluke), from there it will add it to your itunes library, this is the place I downloaded it from http://code.google.com/p/flukeformac/

there is another version out there but it has not worked for me

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #13 of 31
XLD is a very good one to, you can set it to use all your cores, which is very helpful with the Nehalem Architecture.

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #14 of 31
Another very happy dBPoweramp user.  For converting FLAC > Apple Lossless, couldn't possibly be simpler.  Right click.  That's it.

Jun 7, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #15 of 31
yup yup dBpoweramp absolutely rules.  I couldn't imagine my audio computing without it's luxuries.

Also, if you don't want to convert, then use foobar or winamp.  :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back