How do I make mp3's from my LP's?
Dec 13, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #31 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't mean to be rude - but those USB TT's SUCK! They provide ok sound quality but they eat up your records.

Save your money and get a real TT (at least a Technics), a phono amp and a decent sound card. You'll be light years ahead of those USB toys.

EDIT:

Instead of buying that crap USB table - BUY THIS

Should make it much easier to transfer and you'll get much better quality.

EDIT 2:

Here is a real USB turntable.

If you don't mean to be rude, why are you?

The Rino stated he wanted to do this "as cheaply as Possible" I suggested a $150 solution, your idea was for him to spend $190 for the preamp or $449 for the 'real' turntable.

Dec 13, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you don't mean to be rude, why are you?

LOL!
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Rino stated he wanted to do this "as cheaply as Possible" I suggested a $150 solution, your idea was for him to spend $190 for the preamp or $449 for the 'real' turntable.

Read my first post. I told him he could do this with under $200.00 if he went about it carefully. Someone could most likely do it for under $100.00. That Ion is so bad that it's not even worth looking at. The $449.00 solution is for a great USB turntable that will not shred your records and which will provide very good sound quality.

Dec 14, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #33 of 34
I have a Pioneer CD recorder with a Burr Brown ADC. It transfers anything analog stereo (or digital) to CD. The better the turntable the better the transfer. It's a pain doing everything in real time but you only have to do it once with the Vinyl you really want to convert. I got lucky a few years ago and picked up a mint one for $100 (PDR509). MSRP was about $500 new.
The PDR609 is even better, and if you are really into it get a "BURN-IT" by HHB professional recorder that uses pro CDrs. There are plenty to choose from on ebay.

Dec 14, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #34 of 34
Hellenback's idea is a good one for those looking to do straight transfers. However, be aware that when you do a straight transfer you will still have all those clicks and pops and who knows what else. It's a great solution for those looking to transfer a few LP's and who don't mind the clicks, pops and noise.

If you want to get the most out of the transfers, you will still need to go the old fashioned way though. TT-> Preamp -> PC/MAC -> Post processing -> Burn.

Also, an HHB burner is probably the best you can get to burn CD's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back