How do I get a hold of an Administrator?
Aug 14, 2008 at 8:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Repooc

Head-Fier
Hey all,

My ety er6i's are on the fritz, so I came back to see if I could find a new pair of IEMs for sale in the buy/sell forum.

When I go to make a post, I get a warning saying that I'm not allowed to and don't have sufficient privalges to do so.

This is odd, because I used to have access when I actually made a "WTB" thread in there many months ago when I bought my etys from this site from another user.

The message says that I need to contact an admin, but have not found a way to do so.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Aug 14, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Due to concerns with people registering just to post Gear For Sale / Trade ads, and some of the issues that come up with that, we have instituted the following as the minimum requirements that have to be met before one is allowed to post in the Gear For Sale / Trade Forums:
  1. You must be registered for a minimum of 30 days, and
  2. You must have a post-count of at least 50.

We understand that everything is a compromise, and, frankly, we're not excited about feeling like we have to do this, but we've found that a disproportionate amount of questionable (and outright bogus) activity in the Gear For Sale / Trade forums comes from those who have had very little participation here prior to posting their ads.

Best Regards,
Head-Fi Moderating Team

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/po...forums-218778/

Aug 14, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #3 of 7
The sticky thread say:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f10/po...forums-236340/
Quote:

* You must be registered for a minimum of 30 days, and
* You must have a post-count of at least 50.

That said, send a PM to 'Jude'. He is the one running this website, and may be able to answer you questions.

Edit. One (1) minute too late on the trigger.
tongue.gif

Aug 14, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #5 of 7
gah... jeez, i may not be an overly active poster in this forum, but I've been a member for well over a year now. I do ALOT more reading (alot of great info/diy's here) than posting.

even bought my etys on here totally legit, I'm sure the guy who I bought them off of could vouche for me, because I paid him promptly with zero hassle.

now I feel like I have to go "make up" 45 more random posts just to hit 50 and be able to post a WTB thread. That seems more like spamming to me, not really cool/doesn't benefit the community.

I think refences ie: ebay/heatware/etc should account for something.

Anyways... 1 less post... 44 left to go
frown.gif

Thanks for the heads up to those who replied above.

Aug 14, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by G-man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am guessing, the rule is new, so that is why you were able to do it earlier, but can't now.

The rule were introduced in January 2007, which is a year after 'Repooc' joined Head-Fi. So that certainly makes sense...

Aug 14, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by G-man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am guessing, the rule is new, so that is why you were able to do it earlier, but can't now.

Correct.

As others have suggested, Jude would be the one to grant an exception to the 50 post rule, although I don't think that he's ever done that.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but as a bit of background, the new rule was put in place (some time ago now, maybe a year or so ago) in an effort to help reduce the incidence of fraud in the Buy/Sell/Trade sub forums.

Although not always the case, it tends to be new registrants who have not really participated much here who try to scam our members. That, and the Buy/Sell/Trade sub forums are not the primary purpose for Head-Fi's existence. As such the 30 days and 50 posts rule are secondarily intended to "reward" those who have decided to stick around and become part of the community by giving them access to another feature that they would no longer have access to when they registered.

Since this same question comes up quite often, I'll close this thread now that your questions have been answered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back