How do I fill out a money order?
Dec 2, 2004 at 3:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

britishbane

500+ Head-Fier
Do I sign the front where it says purchaser signature? Whose address do I put on the front, mine or the persons I'm sending it to? Or am I the payee who signs the back? And if I'm the purchaser where am I supposed to put the persons name who I'm sending it to?

Dec 2, 2004 at 4:04 PM Post #2 of 14
You are the purchaser. The person you're sending it to is the payee. The payee signs the back I think. It's pretty straightforward, I don't understand how you're getting lost. Damn, I wish I had a MO with me right now, so I could be more specific.

Dec 2, 2004 at 4:20 PM Post #3 of 14
What Kirosia said, it's pretty straight foward. The receiver of the money order is to sign the back of the money order before cashing it in. I believe you are to fill out your mailing address in the area where it says check writer (if this area is provided on the money order you're filling out, some money oreders may vary) and you need to fill out the receiver's mailing address where it says pay to.

Dec 2, 2004 at 5:16 PM Post #4 of 14
you can send it to me and I'll fill it out for you
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 21, 2006 at 4:51 PM Post #5 of 14
i just sent my first moneyo rder, i want to make sure i did it right. .

it's in the mail box, so i can stil go get it

the provided fields on the front were:

Pay to the order of
Senders Address Senders signature

i filled out all of those and stuck it in an enveloped addressed to the person who i was sending it to. . did i do something wrong?

Dec 21, 2006 at 6:32 PM Post #7 of 14
it's like cash, but in a pseudo-check format, so you really can't mess it up too much.
i'm not sure which is safer, money order or cashier's check. i would think cashier's check is easier, though because it's like a money order except it's layout is identical to a standard check.

Dec 21, 2006 at 8:16 PM Post #9 of 14
I just make money orders through my banks website. I have always wondered whats the deal with american bank-account numbers, everyone I have paid just gives me their address. In Europe I allways pay with IBAN and SWIFT.

Dec 21, 2006 at 10:33 PM Post #10 of 14
I received a money order from Canada over 6 weeks ago & my bank still has not received funds for it. I called the number on the back of the money order to verify that it was valid before I took it to the bank. They said that Canadian MO's can take 8 wks or longer to get funds for & may also incur a $50 or greater fee in the processing. Anybody else had this problem?

Dec 22, 2006 at 6:04 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by britishbane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do I sign the front where it says purchaser signature? Whose address do I put on the front, mine or the persons I'm sending it to? Or am I the payee who signs the back? And if I'm the purchaser where am I supposed to put the persons name who I'm sending it to?

i think the common phrase is..

wow..just wow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back