How do I connect my iBasso DX90 as a DAC to my PC?
Aug 17, 2014 at 5:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

karma37

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I am a new DAC user.  Just bought the Ibasson DX90.  Can someone explain step by step how to set this up as an external DAC for my pc?

Sorry i couldnt find any guide.

Thanks!

Aug 17, 2014 at 5:49 AM Post #2 of 6
  Hi,

I am a new DAC user.  Just bought the Ibasson DX90.  Can someone explain step by step how to set this up as an external DAC for my pc?

Sorry i couldnt find any guide.

Thanks!

The Ibasson DX90 has a mini coaxial out, by looks of it 3.5mm or 1/8". Purchase one of these, and connect a Coaxial Digital cable to your DAC. The coax output can go to 192/24 max, configure your player software to max out at this level. The coaxial cable may not exceed 5m.
According to the website, the USB is used to transfer files from the computer and for charging, it is not a USB DAC.

Aug 17, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #3 of 6
DX90..it is a DAP...briefly taken a look at the pics...
dun see any inlet where u can feed a usb cable into? maybe u can ask this on the DX90 thread..

=========
What i hv at the moment:
Macbook Air..Itunes...Audirvana software... cabledyne USB cable...audiogd Nfb10.32 dac 

Aug 17, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #4 of 6
  The Ibasson DX90 has a mini coaxial out, by looks of it 3.5mm or 1/8". Purchase one of these, and connect a Coaxial Digital cable to your DAC. The coax output can go to 192/24 max, configure your player software to max out at this level. The coaxial cable may not exceed 5m.
According to the website, the USB is used to transfer files from the computer and for charging, it is not a USB DAC.

Actually, it can be used as a USB DAC.  Last time I used this feature, the drivers were unsigned which means I had to turn boot up my PC with driver signature check off.  Maybe they have a signed driver now.  Probably not for MAC though.

Ask in the DX90 thread, and somebody will help you out.  

Aug 17, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #5 of 6
when you go to USB settings there is a setting for DAC... i'm confused... :frowning2:

I did the windows thing of allowing unsigned drivers to be installed.. so i managed to install the driver.. when i then connect through USB with the DAC setting enabled its not visible... any ideas??

I am using windows 7...

Aug 17, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #6 of 6
  when you go to USB settings there is a setting for DAC... i'm confused... :frowning2:

I did the windows thing of allowing unsigned drivers to be installed.. so i managed to install the driver.. when i then connect through USB with the DAC setting enabled its not visible... any ideas??

Try going to Devices and Printers under Control Panel, and look for the device under Unspecified and go to properties and try updating the drivers.  Or try reinstalling with DX90 connected.  

You can ask questions here
http://www.head-fi.org/t/697035/ibasso-dx90-dual-sabre-1st-page-to-reformat-latest-fw-download-general-information/7785#post_10805111

Users who are viewing this thread

Back