How did he become like this?
Oct 17, 2010 at 5:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

kendric

100+ Head-Fier
http://news.xin.msn.com/en/singapore/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4400283

This guy in the article who was allegedly charged of murder, was my batch-mate from the Navy Force unit that i used to be frm when i was still in National Service Conscription of 2 Mandatory Year or called National Service (NS) in Singapore.

He used to be first to clear the Guard Duty Assessment Test among us, From there he went downhill with all the discipline issues such as AWOL, But never did i imagine he would have done this and have this day coming for him.

Really, Human, its hard to figure them out isn't it, Now this article has got me insomniac on this the 2nd night already. =(

Oct 18, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #2 of 26
I have a similar issue in my life. When I was young, Robert Hawkins was my best friend growing up. Never could I have imagined..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westroads_Mall_massacre

Oct 18, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #3 of 26
Wow.. Yours were too painful compared to mine, At least the sentiments doesn't runs deep for my case. It must have been a phase of despondence for your life. 

Oct 18, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #5 of 26
I had two serial killers work for me over the years and got pretty tight with the lesser known one. My SO still swears by Lexus, a car he originally recommended back in '93. I remember the police coming around to question me about him and all I could say was, " seems like an ok guy to me" He was convicted some time later of killing his GF and four other people....Who'da thunk, I had done a great deal of counseling work prior to meeting him and he did seem to be an ok guy. I knew the police were looking at him for several murders but you just couldn't tell.

Oct 19, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #6 of 26
Wow! Maybe you can consider a job change to Psychologist >=) Then if i suspect any serial killer wannabe i will send them to you =D

Oct 19, 2010 at 4:34 AM Post #7 of 26
I hadn't seen my best friend in years so I looked him up. Turns out my best friend from middle school is a registered sex offender.

I have to agree with Aynjell, we've all grown up to be who we are and have to make choices. Some people make the wrong ones.

Oct 19, 2010 at 5:00 AM Post #8 of 26
Yeah, Its kind of a pity to see them turn out this way. (P.S. And yes LFF I heard after FA-003 burns in 100hours and more its where its prime time really kicks in big time, is it true for your case? Cause i still burning in my MDs which tomorrow then i will start the burn-in marathon for my FA-003.

Oct 22, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #10 of 26

Quote:
I agree.  Life and growing up change people.  Sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse.

I've done terrible things. I've been a victim of terrible things. Some people grow to hate and resent, I grew empathetic and despise the idea of hurting people. I'm no saint, but generally I steer away from confrontation because there's so much more that you can do that's so much better.

I remembered the day it happened. I recall thinking to myself, damn this is becoming a fad. It's the in thing for pissed off people to do apparently, kill a bunch of people. And I remember remarking "I don't know anybody rich enough to shop at von maur". Thankfully life has smiled on me and I now can afford the occasional item for my girlfriend there... but neither here nor there...

The next morning I told the same people I did know somebody who died. He was my best friend. "oh, I'm sorry to hear it..." and I remarked "He was the shooter."... He responded "That's not funny, man!" and had an absolute rage in his eyes at what he thought was a joke. I made it pretty clear I wasn't and he actually looked at me and wondered.... probably the same thing the op wondered. How do people turn out like this?

Two boys. Two terrible upbringings. Two outcomes. From the age of 12 I didn't live with my family, I actually grew up in foster homes, group homes, detention centers... but all of this is because I was unresponsive to help. I wanted nothing to do with it... I was an angry young child. Now I have a respectable job I enjoy and which pays me well enough to be a member on this forum board at least... and my childhood best friend on the other hand ended up killing people and killing himself. What was so much worse about his upbringing? What caused this? What seemingly insignificant detail caused him to err so violently? The world will never know, I figure. God help me to continue to live a good life and I hope I help people, at the very least he's an example that no matter what, giving up only makes matters worse.

When you quit life, you are done. There's no starting over. You're worm food. Why give up such an oppurtunity? Regardless of how bad it is, there's always a chance things will change for the better and that's reason enough to live for, reason enough to fight for. 

Oct 22, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #11 of 26
Make love not War!
smily_headphones1.gif

Don't be a sex offender tho.

Humans are violent/emotional creatures. . .

Oct 23, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #12 of 26

Quote:
I've done terrible things. I've been a victim of terrible things. Some people grow to hate and resent, I grew empathetic and despise the idea of hurting people. I'm no saint, but generally I steer away from confrontation because there's so much more that you can do that's so much better.

I remembered the day it happened. I recall thinking to myself, damn this is becoming a fad. It's the in thing for pissed off people to do apparently, kill a bunch of people. And I remember remarking "I don't know anybody rich enough to shop at von maur". Thankfully life has smiled on me and I now can afford the occasional item for my girlfriend there... but neither here nor there...

The next morning I told the same people I did know somebody who died. He was my best friend. "oh, I'm sorry to hear it..." and I remarked "He was the shooter."... He responded "That's not funny, man!" and had an absolute rage in his eyes at what he thought was a joke. I made it pretty clear I wasn't and he actually looked at me and wondered.... probably the same thing the op wondered. How do people turn out like this?

Two boys. Two terrible upbringings. Two outcomes. From the age of 12 I didn't live with my family, I actually grew up in foster homes, group homes, detention centers... but all of this is because I was unresponsive to help. I wanted nothing to do with it... I was an angry young child. Now I have a respectable job I enjoy and which pays me well enough to be a member on this forum board at least... and my childhood best friend on the other hand ended up killing people and killing himself. What was so much worse about his upbringing? What caused this? What seemingly insignificant detail caused him to err so violently? The world will never know, I figure. God help me to continue to live a good life and I hope I help people, at the very least he's an example that no matter what, giving up only makes matters worse.

When you quit life, you are done. There's no starting over. You're worm food. Why give up such an oppurtunity? Regardless of how bad it is, there's always a chance things will change for the better and that's reason enough to live for, reason enough to fight for. 

Inspiring to hear that, Hope more and more teens will cope better with anger management in times to come =(

Oct 24, 2010 at 4:57 AM Post #13 of 26

Quote:
I hadn't seen my best friend in years so I looked him up. Turns out my best friend from middle school is a registered sex offender.

I have to agree with Aynjell, we've all grown up to be who we are and have to make choices. Some people make the wrong ones.

Pissing in a corn field can lend you on the sex offender registry. The sex offender registry does not necessarily mean someone made a serious sex-related crime.

Nov 26, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #14 of 26

Quote:
Quote:

Pissing in a corn field can lend you on the sex offender registry. The sex offender registry does not necessarily mean someone made a serious sex-related crime.

Under his conviction it said the following:

"Repeated sexual contact with minor"

Nov 26, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #15 of 26
The sex offenders rarely straighten out. The only ones who turn out OK are the ones who were, say, 18 and had a 16 year old girlfriend. They get caught in the mess, even though they weren't really doing anything deviant. Same with someone who gets caught taking a whizz in public. Wrong, but they don't really belong with pedophiles and rapists. I used to work with a lot of them and most of them just kept reoffending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back