How decent is your car audio system?
Sep 8, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #61 of 65
When I was a younger man I spent a great deal of money on car audio...

Now wiser, when the stock Bose stereo went out in my audi I replaced it with.... my portable rig: DiyMod iPod 5.5, RSA Tomahawk, Etymotic ER4s.

Best sound I have ever heard in an automobile!

Oct 3, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #62 of 65
  When I was a younger man I spent a great deal of money on car audio...

Now wiser, when the stock Bose stereo went out in my audi I replaced it with.... my portable rig: DiyMod iPod 5.5, RSA Tomahawk, Etymotic ER4s.

Best sound I have ever heard in an automobile!

What?! You drive around in your Audi while listening to IEM's?! That sounds dangerous.

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #63 of 65
Here's mine, in a 2007 Ford Fusion, standard 4 speaker system.

Kenwood KDC-X597
Dual JL Audio 10" W0V3-4
Box is built to spec for the W0V3's and is tuned to 32hz. Ported.
JL Slash 500/1v2
JL Audio C2-650 (components up front)
JL Audio C2-650x (coaxial in rear)
I used a Wirez 4-awg amp install kit and changed all the factory speaker wire to Wirez 12awg.

I'm looking into the JL Audio JX360/4 to amp my speakers, also looking into Dynamat.
Yes I do love JL.

Apr 23, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #64 of 65
For a stock system - mine sounds decent, I'd have to say.
I'm driving an MY11 Accord Euro (known as the Acura TSX in USA).

From the factory, mine has a Panasonic 6-CD Changer Head Unit with 10 speakers that consists of :
2 - Tweeters
2 - Front Speakers
2 - Rear Speakers
2 - Parcel Shelf Speakers
1 - Center Speaker
1 - 8" Subwoofer
(the speakers are made by Alpine from what I've heard - haven't confirmed it myself though)

This system has pretty nice trebles and bass, but the mids sounds a bit recessed.
But then again -- can't really complain, it's a stock system after all!

I also noticed that the system sounds better when being paired via AUX cable with my Astell&Kern AK100MkII compared to playing CDs directly from the built-in CD player.

May 8, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #65 of 65
Right now my audio system is surely entry level but it's still in the works, but i own a 2007 Ford Fusion and here's what i got so far:

In the trunk i have:
2 JL Audio 10" W0V3 4 ohm
A box built to W0V3 specs and tuned to 36hz (would go to 32 if i had better subwoofers)

Mounted to the back of the back seat i have:
1 JL Audio Slash 500/1v2

In the front and rear doors i have:
JL Audio C2-650 component speakers up front. (running off deck power)
JL Audio C2-650x coaxial speakers in the rear. (running off deck power)

Up front i have:
Kenwood KDC-X597, with the bluetooth mic ran up my door trim facing the driver.

Wiring:
I used a Wirez 4 AWG amp kit, i'm a personal fan of Wirez. It included 4 AWG power and ground wire, 120amp blade fuse block, remote wire, wire loom for the power wire and it came with speaker wire which i used for my crossovers.

Later on i plan to get a 4 channel amplifier for my speakers, probably the JL Audio JX360/4 and to get an XS Power battery. I dream of owning W7's one day. :) Tell me what you think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back