How come all the ultra high end headphones have all been discontinued??
Apr 29, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #121 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by ast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
may be a little OT, any rumor about new 'super' headphones coming from SONY, ATH, Senn, ..... ?

There are constant rumors about the Sennheiser HD700, Stax Omega III, etc.
But until the vendors verify the information we should just leave it at that...
wink.gif

We all wait for a new "king of the hill", and hopefully it will happen some day!

Apr 30, 2007 at 8:14 AM Post #122 of 123
I would agree that what I call the top of the top tier HPs, like HE-90 and R-10s have been discontinued. But the Ultrasone Edition 9 is still in production and I believe it certainly deserves to be classified as a top tier HP. As an overall HP I preferred it the the L-3000 and it was very close to the PS-1, and this was an unbroken in pair of Edition 9s. I spent most of my 2 days at the International meet A/Bing the Edition 9 to many of the top tier HP as well as many of the top in production HP (all of which I consider second tier HP except for the Edition 9). The Edition 9s may not be everyone's cup of tea but still belong in the top classification in my opinion. This is how I feel about the K-1000, a top tier HP but not my cup of tea. If you care to you can read my more specific impressions from the Intrernational meet here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...236593&page=25

Users who are viewing this thread

Back