How can you tell if your headphones are matched with a good source?
Nov 30, 2007 at 9:31 AM Post #2 of 4
I wouldn't worry about iems and portable sources since that's what they were designed for. Component synergy isn't really a factor here. You might want to check into the portable forum for more info about your particular player as there are good opinions about sq for most anything around. You also might inquire about bit rates and think about ripping your music to a higher one than mp3 if you haven't already. Otherwise, just enjoy.

Nov 30, 2007 at 1:37 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't worry about iems and portable sources since that's what they were designed for. Component synergy isn't really a factor here. You might want to check into the portable forum for more info about your particular player as there are good opinions about sq for most anything around. You also might inquire about bit rates and think about ripping your music to a higher one than mp3 if you haven't already. Otherwise, just enjoy.

I would definitely follow boomana's advice about bit rates (if you don't already use higher bit-rate stuff). It makes a WORLDS difference. Think of it a source upgrade (since it kind of is).

Nylan

Nov 30, 2007 at 2:09 PM Post #4 of 4
Agreed.

Upgrade from your source music onwards.

Lossless, or highest bitrate lossy you can run.

Player with good quality headphone out or, much preferred, good quality lineout

Good quality amp (see numerous portable amp review threads)

When you've gotten to this stage you'll know you're there
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back