How can I increase the audio qulity for my Philips X1?
Jun 5, 2014 at 3:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

OnePotatoArmy

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I am currently running a philips x1 with a creative z.

In total, I payd arround 260€ for both. I wanted to know, if there is a better setup for better audio quality. I am not looking to upgrade my headphones, more into upgrade the creative z.

Are there any sound card, which are worth the price?

Cheers!

Jun 5, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #6 of 12
Also if you'd like to and you can afford to, start getting your music in Lossless Quality, or at the very least shoot for mp3 v0 quality 

or you could also use a DSP software with your existing headphone, there may be some inexpensive or free ones. In Short DSP can increase sound stage and bring some mirco details forward. Combine a little DSP with a better DAC and you should really enjoy your X1 even more so 

Jun 5, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #9 of 12
I am talking about the virtual surround sound, which the sound card is offering.

Dolby Headphone IS the virtual surround sound feature to use with headphones. The other virtual surround DSP that the STX has is for use with speakers.

Jun 5, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #11 of 12
Dolby Headphone IS the virtual surround sound feature to use with headphones. The other virtual surround DSP that the STX has is for use with speakers.

Dolby Headphone: http://www.dolby.com/us/en/consumer/technology/home-theater/dolby-headphone.html

this, the DSP should improve the experince as a whole 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back