How bout those Phils?
Oct 30, 2008 at 1:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

pat1006

100+ Head-Fier
I was fortunate enough to have partial season tickets this year, (I made it to 19 regular season and 3 playoff games) and I could not be more proud of my Phillies. Finally, after 28 years we won!

Oct 30, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #6 of 13
Philly needed a sports championship badly, they've had so many good teams that have fallen short in recent memory. Lots of broken hearts have been mended for the time being. Congrats and enjoy Philly!

Oct 30, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #8 of 13
I went to college in Philadelphia (class of '74) and the Phillies were so horrendous that we never attended a single game in the 4 years. They certainly have come the distance. Next year should be most interesting to see if they can repeat.

Oct 30, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #9 of 13
WOO HOO!

The Phillies rockin it brotha!

chewie0ol.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #10 of 13
Oh, was there baseball in October this year? I hadn't noticed...

Damn Rays. Couldn't pull it off like the Miracle Mets in '69.

I feel bad for crapping on a Phillies thread because it is *cringe* good for them that they won the World Ser....

...I can't even type it.

Let's Go Mets!

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:58 PM Post #12 of 13
It's been 28 years since the last Phillies world series victory. The city of Philadelphia needs a championship. The city is now charged with Phillies fever and it's wonderful! Cole Hamels is one fine pitcher and has done a tremendous job. Phillier fever brotha!

philly_phanatic.jpg

chewie0ol.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 1:21 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjkurita /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, was there baseball in October this year? I hadn't noticed...

Damn Rays. Couldn't pull it off like the Miracle Mets in '69.

I feel bad for crapping on a Phillies thread because it is *cringe* good for them that they won the World Ser....

...I can't even type it.

Let's Go Mets!

Ill restrain myself from what I really want to say but the Mets wont get anywhere till they figure out how to not choke...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back