How 'bout dem Giants?
Jan 14, 2008 at 1:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

immtbiker

The first to organize an (Inter)National Head-Fi Meet (2006)
Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Looking pretty. pretty good against the #1 Cowboys.
Cowboys joining the Honey-Do league.
Next stop...Green Bay!!!
biggrin.gif

Jan 14, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #4 of 23
Oh yeah!
biggrin.gif

Next stop Lambeau Field!

Jan 14, 2008 at 2:05 AM Post #5 of 23
Damn it! I'm watching the game on my DVR and browsing Head-Fi at the same time. Now I know the outcome!

But man, I hate the Cowboys, so I can't say that I'm too upset.

Jan 14, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #6 of 23
My sister lives near Dallas...I called her after right after the game, and she answered the phone with the words "Shut up!"
biggrin.gif

The Cowboys made too many mistakes and got way too many penalties. Hard to win a football game playing like that. That's two bad playoffs for Romo, he's starting to look like a Mr. October.

She's hatin' on the Pats...I told her good luck with that.
biggrin.gif

I'm guessing Green Bay and New England in the Superbowl...

Jan 14, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerguy0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My sister lives near Dallas...I called her after right after the game, and she answered the phone with the words "Shut up!"
biggrin.gif

The Cowboys made too many mistakes and got way too many penalties. Hard to win a football game playing like that. That's two bad playoffs for Romo, he's starting to look like a Mr. October.

She's hatin' on the Pats...I told her good luck with that.
biggrin.gif

I'm guessing Green Bay and New England in the Superbowl...

Yeah, me too. And I'm guessing the Pats will win it.

As much as I hate to admit it, it'll be kinda cool to have another perfect season. I just don't think that anyone will have anything for the Pats, though the G Men did play them tough the last time...

Jan 14, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #8 of 23
Giants fans have to admit that when Dallas got the ball with one minute to go and started to move, that the game would go south. Remarkable considering how decimated the Giants secondary was. They should hold their own against Green Bay!

Jan 14, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, me too. And I'm guessing the Pats will win it.

As much as I hate to admit it, it'll be kinda cool to have another perfect season. I just don't think that anyone will have anything for the Pats, though the G Men did play them tough the last time...

The Colts were the biggest obstacle to the Pats getting to the Superbowl. The Chargers knocking off the Colts was a huge win for the Pats. I don't see any NFC team challenging the Pats. The Giants played them tough, but they've got a lot of injuries, too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Giants fans have to admit that when Dallas got the ball with one minute to go and started to move, that the game would go south. Remarkable considering how decimated the Giants secondary was. They should hold their own against Green Bay!

Should be a good game. Eli doesn't like playing in bad weather, though, so Lambeau field in January might not be to his liking.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 14, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #10 of 23
A BIG hats off to San Diego and NY! Both of those games were GREAT to watch.

Eli Manning and team - especially the defense, Toomer, and the running backs - have just turned it on and kind of snapped in place. And the fact that they do it with the injuries they have is outstanding.

But to me, the Chargers were the truly amazing team today. Even with Harrison coming out of the game, I really thought Indy would take them. I mean, Rivers AND Tomlinson out? And the backup helps move it down for the winning TD? And then the defense holds down one of the best rush offenses in the league? Wow.....

I am a Patriots fan, perhaps one of the few that likes the Colts too. Tony Dungy seems to be an amazing human being and great coach. He has a fantastic team, and I'm truly sorry they had to lose. And despite the fact that it would make next week's game harder, I hope Rivers and Tomlinson are back to form - if the Patriots win without them in the line-up, it "lessens" it a bit in my eyes. But dang, I guess I'd take a win any way
biggrin.gif

The crappiest thing about Peyton Manning was that STUPID Oreo Double Stuff commercial with he (him?) and Eli. I've liked most of his commercials (at least where he's humorous), but that one just sucked big time!

Good luck to the Giants next week, but like the poster above, I think it'll be a Green Bay/New England Superbowl (and I like Brett Favre a ton as well, so that should be great too).

Now I'm just waiting for the Boston Bruins to continue their improvement....why did I get stuck loving the game with the worst team in this town?
tongue.gif

Jan 14, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #11 of 23
Surprised me last week, surprised me even more this week.

Would love to see a Pats/Giants superbowl rematch. They played them to the wire in the last game of the season. I will, however, risk going 0/3 and pick Green Bay over them in the NFC Championship game.

I critized Eli heavily before the Pats game, and he has had three solid games since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back