How big is your Computer Monitor's Screen? - What's its Resolution, etc.?
Mar 10, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #16 of 129
17" imac widescreen

res: 1440 x 900

i used to have a 24" but enjoy the imac so much i easily sacrifice the real estate!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #17 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamCalifornia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
.... this thread was provided by the following fact.

If someone posts a very large picture, say, 900x700, I cannot see the whole picture
on my 19" (4:3) monitor. I need to scroll to the left and/or to the right to see it all.
Therefore usually I suggest the following:
"Please do not post very wide pictures."

I think that the Head-fi.org went wild, ... oooops .... wide and
therefore it is very inconvenient to look at picters without a widescreen.

This thread might reveal the following trend: (almost) everyone has a widescreen display.

I propose the following

[size=large]Test[/size]
Let someone post some text, say, 'test', to the furthest right.
Can you see such a text without scrolling?
In such a situation I need to scroll 'for miles' to see that text.
Does someone need to have 24" widescreen display to avoid any scrolling in this case?

tongue_smile.gif
L3000.gif

P.S.
I have already noticed two jealous lunatics on this thread (post #2 & #9 and #5).
Except for those two dummies everyone else enjoys this thread.
Am I missing something here?

GOOD LORD! CONTEXT!

See if you had written up in the op all of that, even in that manner, that would have given us a reason why you were asking, rather than just something thats not related to headphones which you havent asked about yet.

As far as a 900 pixel wide photo not displaying on a 19 inch monitor is concerned, that doesn't sound right, 19 inches should be running at at least 1600x1200 in 4:3.

I've messaged Jude in the past about the addition of an [imgw][/imgw] tag which would automatically resize images to the width of the forum window but got no reply.

I also fail to see how in any way whatsoever the posts you refer to (although you've still got to get the hang of the names of people from the faceless mass you suck information from) could be classified as Quote:

jealous lunatics

But it's nice to know that you're trying your best with insults. You could start a poll asking for suggestions on better ones I suppose.

Mar 10, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #18 of 129
[size=xx-large]The Formidable Test [/size](as mentioned in my last post above):

What text have I posted to the farthest right?

Test

Can you see it on your screen without scrolling?

By the way, this Test has FAILED. I don't know how to post a text 'one mile' to the right. -
I was using the Align Right button several times,
but it did not place the text 'test' to the farthest right.

Could anyone do it the right way?

tongue_smile.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #19 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamCalifornia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=xx-large]The Formidable Test [/size](as mentioned in my last post above):

What text have I posted to the farthest right?

AdamCalifornia

Can you see it on your screen without scrolling?

tongue_smile.gif

Anyone will be able to unless their screen is less than (guestimate) 800x600. Because all you've done is orient text to the right, you havent put it at the far end of a (say) 1024 pixels wide jpeg. The forum automatically resizes to fit the width of an individuals screen resolution. The problem comes about on lower resolution screens because of the endlessly irritating (and there a long time for something temporary) left hand advert bar.

Mar 10, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #24 of 129
Nope, not tiny and not a 17" screen.
biggrin.gif
It's a 40" Samsung LN40A550 LCD HDTV. I was thinking about a 30" 2500 x 1600 NR LCD monitor, but those were priced at about $1,100 and up. Then I found the Samsung at Amazon.com for $899 shipped to my door. I just finished playing Call of Duty 4 on it and it was an amazing experience.

Now if only I could figure out how to get started in Dead Space....

--Jerome

Mar 11, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #26 of 129
laptop - 15.6" 768p
when at home I usually run it via my projector at around 120" 768p via HDMI out of laptop (use to be 1080p but I prefer the new screen i'm using in my projector as the colours are more vibrant and the greyscaling is hugely improved).

Mar 11, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #27 of 129
Hannspree HF289H 28" LCD 1920x1200 60Hz 3ms calibrated with a Spyder2

you might find the steam survey results interesting:
Steam Hardware Survey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back