How are you going to prepare for the apocolypse tomorrow?
May 21, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #32 of 78
HAHAHAHAHA wheres jesus? he's hiding! MWHAHAHAHAa, this is so funny, I'm going to enjoy watching his re-prediction or struggled apology on may 22nd, I highly doubt he will own up though, he will find a way to justify it and people will forget about it as always.

May 21, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #33 of 78

Quote:
I think I remember reading that it was supposed to start in Australia (not sure what they did to deserve that) and work its way around.  But that would put you (in China) at roughly the same longitude depending on what part of China you are in.  So I'm either talking to a dead guy or you should turn on your TV and watch the whole thing unfold.

Well, I'm still alive!  It's 9:00 here, and Australia (at least Sydney) is just a few hours ahead.

Quote:
What does all this do to the Credibility of Christianity?

This is not the first time and probably won't be the last.  Any other religion obsessed with death and dieing???

Well, honestly, it'll do nothing...this isn't the fault of Christianity as much as it's the fault of a bunch of religious zealots who think that they're right and the rest of "christianity" is wrong.  People like this exist in every single religion in existence, so it's nothing new.  Regardless, the Earth does not appear to be crumbling below our feet and zombies are not infesting the streets, so I think we're fine, for now. :p

May 21, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #34 of 78
Chicken Little.............................................................The sky is falling..........................The sky is falling!
basshead.gif

The names of the main characters in the fable - Chicken Little/Chicken Licken and Henny Penny - and the fable's central phrase - The sky is falling! - have been applied to people accused of being unreasonably afraid, or those trying to incite an unreasonable fear in those around them.

May 21, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #36 of 78
Date-setting is premeditated disappointment.  Just Google the "Great Disappointment".

I read somewhere that some people went down to Yucatan to ask the Mayan elders about 2012, and they were told "It doesn't mean anything."

May 21, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #37 of 78
Pretty sure the Mayans didn't have leap years.  Every 4 years we add a day, so if you go back 2000 years, we already are 500 days ahead of the "current date" which puts us WAY past the authentic 2012 day

if it does happen by chance, Im going to make good friends with John Cusak or Chuck Norris, as both are proven to be able to survive it.

May 21, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #39 of 78

Quote:
For all you Christians, are you sad that Jesus didn't beam you up into heaven?

I think it's worth waiting for, and as a believer in Universal Reconciliation, I know there is no other destination anyway...

May 21, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #41 of 78

Quote:
Chicken Little.............................................................The sky is falling..........................The sky is falling!
basshead.gif

The names of the main characters in the fable - Chicken Little/Chicken Licken and Henny Penny - and the fable's central phrase - The sky is falling! - have been applied to people accused of being unreasonably afraid, or those trying to incite an unreasonable fear in those around them.

Oh you mean like, teaching your young children about hell?

The more time goes on the less literal these beliefs get, and the more wishy washy they become, people like this prediction are showing the world step by step how ridiculous parts of christianity is, and I for one am glad that bigots and idiots are pointing out the truly ridiculous parts of their religion.

I also find it funny that christianity when taking the bible literally, and taken to the extreme is racist, bigoted, hateful, and disgusting.

May 21, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #45 of 78

Quote:
If its in the Christian Bible it must be true....after all God wrote it....didn't he?

This link will help break down the Facts.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/index.htm

I'm an atheist, and I know that site as well as the bible all too well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back