How are the HiFiMAN RE-ZERO IEMs?
Nov 22, 2010 at 1:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Jimmyz

100+ Head-Fier
Fang was nice enough to give me a pair for free because I bought an HM-801, HE-6 and EF5 all together. He said they are better than any IEMs under 300 bucks. I trust Fang, but this seems like a bit of exaggeration to say they are better or almost as good as my IE8i IEMs. So how do people like them? How is the low end? Is it thumpy like my IE8i IEMs?

Nov 22, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #2 of 12
It will be accurate, clean, clear, detail-oriented with a bit of bottom end bass, but not as much as the IE8 (only heard it once for 10 minutes).  But don't let that keep you from giving them a good try -- couple of weeks at least.

Nov 22, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #3 of 12
I tried the ZEROs at Mingo's for kicks and I thought they were tonally too bright and harsh. But I did find them considerably "clearer" than the IE 8, Westone 3 or UM3X. My friends argued the bottom end of the RE-ZERO was the deal-breaker, but I found it sufficient (bear in mind I sold my JH16s to keep my JH13s). Nothing visceral, though -- won't hold a candle to the bass impact of the IE 8s.

Nov 22, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #4 of 12
Well, it is free anyway, so why not gives us a small impression of it once you receive the IEM? Personally, I can see why some would prefer one over the other as these are two very different sounding IEM. However, preference and technical sufficiency are two different things as well.

Nov 22, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #5 of 12
Sound mighty nice to me , especially for their price (100$)

Try them out and let us know what you think....you have a jh though so maybe they won't tell you much but it is a nice gesture from fang nevertheless

Nov 22, 2010 at 5:45 AM Post #6 of 12

Quote:
Sound mighty nice to me , especially for their price (100$)

Try them out and let us know what you think....you have a jh though so maybe they won't tell you much but it is a nice gesture from fang nevertheless

Very nice gesture. He insisted that I have them too, I didn't ask for some free things.

Nov 22, 2010 at 5:53 AM Post #7 of 12
For the price...they are great!

Nov 22, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #8 of 12
x2
Great for the price.
Not as warm or as much bass as my Brainwavz M2s, but better detail all the way thru the frequency range and more forward mids.
I'm using my M2s with my iPod Touch 2G & Clip+ now as i think their warmth is a good match with these.
I use the ZEROs with my Walkman because the "clearbass" really helps out the bottom end.

Nov 22, 2010 at 11:43 AM Post #9 of 12
They're fantastic for the price. I think saying they're better than any IEMs under $300 is a bit optimistic but the RE-ZERO is a fantastic sounding IEM, even without taking the price into consideration.

Nov 22, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #10 of 12
I really like my RE-Zero and find them to sound good as long as you enjoy that type of signature. I'm not sure about the price he gave but I find them to be excellent but not quite the best universals money can buy but not off by that much.

Nov 22, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #11 of 12
this will become another re-zero appreication thread , i can see it lol

btw a friend of mine just bought a pair and he likes them a lot

as for the 300$ part he probabaly wanted to show how good these are for their price , but you can answer him 'but mr fang aint 252/262 better than the zero?'
jecklinsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back