How are the ES7s at isolating?
Mar 3, 2008 at 6:52 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by m0nkeybl1tz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just riffing on Dr. Seuss a bit... But seriously, they don't work on a plane/train?

They do work - they simply do not block out external noise so well in those circumstances. - Jet noise and train squealing are very hard to block out. That's why noise cancellation works well under those situation - they actively cancel out external noise.

Mar 3, 2008 at 9:05 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by m0nkeybl1tz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But seriously, they don't work on a plane/train?

I don't think even my full sized closed Darth Beyers could keep the noise from and aircraft engine out. Get the Audio Technica ATH-ANC7 if that is your primary needs.

This is what u need:
204215312_002.jpg

audiotechnica_quietpoint-thumb.jpg

There are just as puuuuurty as all the other Audio Technica headphones... in a long lost Frankenstein cousin of the ES7 kinda way... But still cool in a techie kinda way. Me like.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ok, ok, I'll admit it, I'm an AT fan boy...
biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #20 of 21
I think I heard about these ones! are they the ones that capture the external sound from a little builtin mic and then create an inverse sound wave in order to annul all the noise! right??... or are those other from AKG?

Well, I guess ES7 are not that bad as you are telling... ...
smily_headphones1.gif

I use mine 2times week in 3 hours train trips and they are superb!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrecked_porsche /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think even my full sized closed Darth Beyers could keep the noise from and aircraft engine out. Get the Audio Technica ATH-ANC7 if that is your primary needs.

This is what u need:
204215312_002.jpg

audiotechnica_quietpoint-thumb.jpg

There are just as puuuuurty as all the other Audio Technica headphones... in a long lost Frankenstein cousin of the ES7 kinda way... But still cool in a techie kinda way. Me like.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ok, ok, I'll admit it, I'm an AT fan boy...
biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricmat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I heard about these ones! are they the ones that capture the external sound from a little builtin mic and then create an inverse sound wave in order to annul all the noise! right??

Yes. Correct. That is the one.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricmat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I guess ES7 are not that bad as you are telling... ...
smily_headphones1.gif

I use mine 2times week in 3 hours train trips and they are superb!

Like I said, depends on the kind of train. I've been on many trains in many countries. Electric commuters are ok with ES7. However there are some trains that have noisy wooden tracks that have this "thud, thud, thud" sound, and I think that is gonna suck w.r.t to ES7 usage. But aircraft definitely NO. No no no! Also depends on how fussy you are/how loud your music is and what kind of music... Imagine playing classical music very loud, I'm sure you can still hear the aircraft engine no? Now imagine playing dance music very loud, surely the perceived aircraft engine noise level will be reduced drastically in comparison?

Oh well, I guess some people are fine with the rumble of an aircraft engine.... I dunno... *shrugs*
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back