How are the ES7s at isolating?
Mar 1, 2008 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

quiksliver

100+ Head-Fier
I was looking at the ES7s to replace my px100s because they look really nice, look really comfortable and seem like they would be good for my type of music

my only concern is isolation- I don't want them to do it at all. I use my headphones at home on my computer and I want to be able to hear anyone who is calling me for dinner, for help, etc

so how is the isolation on these things? I know they are closed headphones are meant to isolate, but would I be able to hear people calling me with them on or anything?

Mar 1, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #3 of 21
The ES7 isolates only a little bit, but it is still a closed phone, so if you turn your music loud, chances are, you may not hear your surroundings well enough. My mom wears a really cheap $10 closed phone that hardly isolates for watching soap operas and moderate volumes and still often she can't hear when I call her from like two meters away.

Mar 1, 2008 at 7:30 PM Post #4 of 21
I have the ES7 and I listen mainly at home, if I'm listening to some relatively quiet music such as some guitar instrumentals or some classic music, I can roughly hear people calling me, but when I listen to dance music, I can't hear people calling me. Also depends how load I'm playing my music.

BTW, is that Mr T in your avatar?

Mar 1, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #5 of 21
heh no, its saul williams, close enough tho I guess
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #7 of 21
ahaha Mr T was before my time I guess, but I defenitly see the resemblance there, creepy lol

Mar 2, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #9 of 21
They don't isolate very well at all. If you're using them in a home environment why not get a nice pair of open headphones? The ES7 aren't that comfy for extended use.

Mar 3, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #13 of 21
I know the clamping force people experience with the ES7's as well, but it really has never bothered me since I did the bend mod on them, and since experiencing the clamping power of the RP21's
eek.gif
. I will defintely be doing the beyerdynamic earpad mod on those.
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway the ES7's still have a sound that I love. When I want to listen to music to brighten my day and cannot use Grados I reach for my ES7's.

Isolation I find is good for my job. Not the best isolating phones out there though.

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm.. they don't bother me any - but I have small ears!

Yay female!....making all asian-made/designed headphones fit properly.

Lucky you!
cool.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by m0nkeybl1tz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do they do on a plane?

Forget it.

Quote:

In a train?

If its the electrical commuter train you're talking about, I guess it'd be somewhat ok... But if its the traditional noisy crap train, then no way.

Quote:

On a boat?

What kinda boat? Sail boat? Motor boat?

Quote:

Crossing a moat?

Teh waht now?

Bush_confused%5B2%5D.jpg

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:49 AM Post #15 of 21
what is is so-called moat, and how do we cross it?
I'm totally confused - college education is useless
frown.gif

Edit
From Wikipedia:
A moat is deep, broad trench, usually filled with water, that surrounds a structure, installation, or town, normally to provide it with a preliminary line of defense.

so is he trying to swim over? or on the little bridge thingy?
It's not waterproof, if that's what you're asking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back