How about a headphone album Hall of Fame?
Jun 24, 2001 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

markl

Hangin' with the monkeys.
Member of the Trade: Lawton Audio
One of the resources I always felt was missing from Headwize was a list of albums that the "headphone community" generally agreed were especially suited to headphone listening. I wonder if anyone agrees?

What if it were possible to submit album tiitles and post comments about them, rate them according to engineering/mastering quality, musical quality, suitability to headphone listening, etc. Other members could then "vote" on these submissions ("I agree", "I disagree") and over time, the most popular titles would be added to the Hall of Fame.

It might work sort of like the audioreview.com process. Yeah, that's pretty ambitious and would surely mean a lot of work for Jude, to whom we are already tremendously in debt (thank you, kind stranger!). Anyway, just a thought.

markl
headwize refugee

Jun 25, 2001 at 4:21 AM Post #2 of 16
Yes, I agree. We could get an enthusiastic moderator to stick the albums up onto a web poll and get votes on each. Of course, the problem would be trying to organize the list and keep it from growing to a jillion
eek.gif

Dec 7, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #6 of 16
This is the most insane bump ever. An 8-year-old, 2 post thread. But yes, DavidMahler would be perfect for the job...

Jan 20, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #7 of 16
Haha yeah I just looked at the date. This would be incredible.

Jan 20, 2010 at 5:23 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What if it were possible to submit album tiitles and post comments about them, rate them according to engineering/mastering quality, musical quality, suitability to headphone listening, etc. Other members could then "vote" on these submissions ("I agree", "I disagree") and over time, the most popular titles would be added to the Hall of Fame.

markl
headwize refugee

I all ready submit http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f9/my-...23/index2.html
There are samples on my site you can get the idea.

Jan 20, 2010 at 5:28 AM Post #13 of 16
Would have to include albums created with headphone listening in mind I'd imagine, like Psychic TV's holophonic Dreams Less Sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back