How about a 30+ forum ?
Feb 24, 2007 at 9:54 AM Post #61 of 80
While I think the OP has already been caned enough for the proposal, I will join the chorus of rejection. I actually enjoy hearing the youth perspective on quality sound.

It's worth remembering that it was generation x, not the youth of today, who popularised the Internet and started the online language (because we were bad or lazy typists), which included LOL, in the early days of BBS well before forums like this existsed. In fact before the Interenet of today existed. So I'm not sure it's particularly fair to comment that if a post contains lol it must be a kid.

The pursuit of quality audio reproduction and the love of music is a geat equalizer.

On a lighter note, we should defer to the famous words of Homer Simpson when it comes to the proper user of the verb "suck"

Homer: "Yeah Moe that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked."

Feb 24, 2007 at 11:02 AM Post #62 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heck, I'm one of the oldest head-fi members, and I've been a member for a long time. And, I feel no discomfort whatever as a consequence of anyone's age. In fact, I've always enjoyed participating with everyone (young and old) at meets. What always mattered is our mutual interest in this hobby of our, and not our ages.

Well put.

Feb 24, 2007 at 2:22 PM Post #63 of 80
Quote:

I thought it was enough when they started the Headphoneus Supremus Forum. We don't need another one segregating the users.

???? What the heck? When did this happen? Nobody told me!!

Feb 24, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #64 of 80
I'm 39, married, studied law, now on for my MBA and I'm senior manager at a large international bank. So what? I still read manga, watch anime & horror movies, play with my PSP, DS or Xbox 360 and listen to anything from J-pop to Iron Maiden. The only limiting factor is that there are only 24 hours in a day and I need my sleep
redface.gif
.The nice thing about age is that you have a bit more life experience, which you can share. It has nothing to do with the ability to relate with your own or another age group. What would be next? A separate forum for gay, black handicapped head-fiers? It's already a drag to post in four different fora (head-fi.org, sgheadphones.net, headphonehaven.com and gathering of tweakers.nl).

Feb 24, 2007 at 5:14 PM Post #69 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess I'll be the only one chiming in in favor of this idea. I think a Lounge subforum broken up by age might be nice, so that non-headphone related topics can be limited to those in a certain age range, and good conversations about subjects generally only of interest to those over thirty can be sustained.

Of course, a non age-restricted Lounge ought to exist, too.

You got my vote.

Feb 24, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #71 of 80
This thread is one of the examples of failed leadership.

If "Grown-ups" think that they're superior or "Full of wisdom" based on age, then they'd better live and act as role models. They also need to recognize that their future is depending on the sucess of the younger generations. If there's a problem with the younger folks, they need to lead the way by examples. That'd make Head-Fi a much happier place.
biggrin.gif

....sorry.... could not help but to "Preach to the choir"....
biggrin.gif

Feb 24, 2007 at 5:56 PM Post #72 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
???? What the heck? When did this happen? Nobody told me!!

It's too late, we've found you out.

The Headphoneus Supremus Forum will be alive with bitterness tonight.
wink.gif

Feb 24, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #73 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the maturity level here at head-fi is so high, how come we can't discuss politics or religion?

Even mature people can become very immature when talking about these topics. Have you ever seen two grown adults ague over abortion? How about those religious men and women that protest at the funerals of soldiers? Even "mature" people quickly loose their cool over divisive topics.

Feb 24, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #74 of 80
the way I see it: Your not even mature enough to learn to deal with annoying kids or be mature enough to be around them- sadly even thorugh an online forum. Imagine the adults that have to take care of their kids or be around them 24/7.

grow up and deal with life-

Feb 24, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #75 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron-xp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Agreed, wisdom does not come with age.

I guess we all need to chill. While there might be some minor "differences" in terms of headphone listening in different age groups (ie. needs more treble due to hearing loss caused by age, prefers more bass to speed up hearing loss), we can always start our own threads when needed and state our personal preferences.

NOOOOOOO, I forgot, I'm only 14.
tongue.gif

By the way, no offence intended by the examples.

LOL. This line really made reading this thread worthwhile. Thanks.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back