Houston, June 8th Headroom meets Head-Fi tour
Jun 3, 2005 at 4:48 AM Post #16 of 39
I've updated the original post with a map ready to plug in driving directions. It's before the third light, not the second one, like I told Trea.

Right on, we have more people coming. It's looking more and more like a party, but I can't help wondering what I got myself into!

We don't have an SACD player, yet, dolifant. There is plenty of table space left for us to fill, too.

You two Austinites should definately message each other and carpool. My apartment is small, but there is a couch and some floorspace. I'm sure we can work something out, if it's needed.

Jun 3, 2005 at 7:08 PM Post #17 of 39
R-10s and SA-5000s... *drool*

Man, this is making it more tempting by the moment. I'd be up for an Austinite carpool down there if we can get one together. I won't be on this weekend, unfortunately, but I'm pretty flexible in terms of timing, so almost anything will be fine with me. Just post about it in this thread or send me a PM if it comes together. =)

~KS

Jun 3, 2005 at 11:46 PM Post #19 of 39
I'll try to make it~
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 4, 2005 at 1:14 AM Post #20 of 39
This is turning into a real bonifide event! I've been holding the wallet tight but it could be time to open it wide open after this event! See you all there!

Jun 4, 2005 at 5:49 AM Post #21 of 39
I wish I could make it but it seems impossible since I live near Austin, have summer classes, research, volunteer, and work all in preparation for my co-op tours with a company starting this fall. Oh well, you guys won't miss much since I only have the W100 and SA5000.

Maybe next year.

Jun 5, 2005 at 5:03 AM Post #22 of 39
I wish this could've been on the weekend, maybe then I could've made it. Anyone interested in taking a Portaphile V2 with them? I might be able to overnight one on Monday, won't be fully burned in though.

Jun 5, 2005 at 2:00 PM Post #23 of 39
OK, I will bring an SACD source,along with headphones, an amp and discs.

I'm gonna PM hardbop to help him with refreshments!

If this is successful, lets make sure we get together on a regular basis. My home would work well.

Jun 6, 2005 at 4:12 PM Post #25 of 39
This is the first time I check headfi.org in a while and I just found out about this meeting!!!!

I'll be there!!!! If you need help,let me know!!!! I volunteered for the Headroom Tour 3 years ago.

I'll bring my Emmeline XP7 ((AD797), Sennheiser HD590 (Equinox Cable), Iriver IFP 799.

Jun 7, 2005 at 12:47 AM Post #27 of 39
I've updated the post with more people and their gear. It's great to see so many people planning to come. I just hope there will be enough room, which isn't too bad a problem to have.

It would be nice if you could round up some more Austinites for the trip, GS.

I'm going to send out PM's with contact information to everyone on Wednesday morning.

Jun 7, 2005 at 12:42 PM Post #28 of 39
When will most people get there? Should I grab dinner beforehand?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back