Houston, June 8th Headroom meets Head-Fi tour
May 23, 2005 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

hardbop

100+ Head-Fier
Since no one else has volunteered for the Texas stop of the tour, I'm going to do so. If it's between missing it all together or hosting it myself, I'd rather not miss out.

The room I have booked is at my apartment complex. The details are as follows.

Wednesday, June 8th
La Mirage Resort
10925 Briar Forest
Houston TX, 77042 [size=large]MAP! [/size] ***The apartment complex is on the left, just before the third traffic signal.***

There's plenty of room and there should be enough outlets. Tables and chairs will be available, couches and even a billiards table. I'll provide some food and drink, even if it's just pizza and soda junk food type stuff. I still have to buy new gear, though, so don't expect too much.

My e-mail is in my profile or you can send me a PM if you have any questions. Be sure to let me know if you are planning to attend and what gear you're going to bring.

So far, it's just me and my Grado SR-80's, ER-4P's and my iPod. I also have a computer I can set up, if there's a need. Woo, party.

Update:

The attendees are:
Myself
Trea
ReDVsion
earache
plamons
dolifant
mariowar
gsferrari
SunByrne
NeoteriX - if he can find me.

Gear:
Ms-1's Woodied and recabled
SR-80's
ER-4P's
AKG K240 Studio
Beyerdynamic DT531
ATH-CM7ti
HD 595
HD 590 w/ Stefan Audioart cable
HD 280
KSC-35
Sure e5c
Sony R-10s
Senn 650s
AKG 141M
AKG 240M
HD 590 w/Equinox
SA5000

Go-Vibe
Airhead
Bada PH-1
Coda
M-Audio Audiophile USB
Pimeta amp
Emmeline XP7

iPod (4g 40gig w/sik ram)
Toshiba 4960
Computer w/ M-Audio Audiophile 192
Sony DNE300
iPod
iRiver IFP 799

May 28, 2005 at 5:52 PM Post #3 of 39
Aw, I will be out of town on the 8th. Hopefully next time I'll be able to make it.
280smile.gif

May 29, 2005 at 10:41 PM Post #5 of 39
Hi Guys. Sorry some of you won't be able to make it. Thanks loads, hardbop, for finding a place for the meet. Don't worry about having lots of people. If it's a mini-meet it just means more time to listen for us. I've updated my main post. Looking forward to meeting ... <lame texan accent>y'all!</lame texan accent>

May 30, 2005 at 5:03 AM Post #7 of 39
Great! The more the merrier.

I've decided to make a few Tex-Mex dishes for us to enjoy and so we don't have to worry about being hungry throughout the evening.

I'll have my part set up by 5pm and I should have the entire evening and night free. I don't plan on kicking anyone out until every last piece of hardware has been listened to.

There's only a week-and-a-half until the meeting, not much time left for the rest of you to remain undecided. PM me and/or post here if you plan on attending or even if you are going to try and make it. Heck, post here if you can't make it. I can also answer any questions you have and I'll distribute my phone number as needed.

May 31, 2005 at 11:15 PM Post #8 of 39
Gonna do my best to make it out there after work. I'll bring my work rig (ipod->coda->ATH-CM7ti)

Can someone pm me directions to the meet? Thanks.

Jun 2, 2005 at 8:22 AM Post #10 of 39
I'd really like to go (and I may make it yet), but it's gonna be a 2.5 hour drive to get to Houston, not to mention the time in traffic inside Houston... then I'll have to drive back (or beg a friend for a place to stay)...

If only it were on a weekend. But that's the way it goes, I guess. Good luck to everyone there. =)

~KS

Jun 2, 2005 at 2:39 PM Post #11 of 39
I think it would have been better to have it on a weekend. I have to work on wednesday. I am willing to take a day off if a couple of Austin Headfiers decide to go together. That would make it quicker and more fun during the drive
smily_headphones1.gif

gs

Jun 2, 2005 at 9:18 PM Post #12 of 39
I will be there and am bringing my Sony R-10s and Senn 650s and some discs. I might bring another amp for comparison, if it wont offend.

I might be able to bring a CD/SACD source, or do we already have one?

Jun 2, 2005 at 9:56 PM Post #13 of 39
Absolutely bring anything you want, I've got extra room on the tables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back